35| Surprise pt.2

edited

_________

"What is this?" I asked and Zane grinned.

"It's a surprise, duh!" I smiled.

"But why?" I asked and looked around.

There were roses in my bed. Candles on the floor. Everything was so...romantic. Unlike Zane. No offense though. He's an amazing boyfriend.

"I just...I wanted to tell you something" He said and I frowned.

"Is something wrong?" I asked and he shook his head, smiling.

"No no no. Everything is alright, and that's why I want to tell you something" He said and I nodded.

"What is it?" I asked and he got down in one knee.

What!? Nope nope. I'm not ready to get married. I'm too young and incapable of taking care of kids. Marriage comes with kids. I don't I want kids now. I can't get married. I can't even take care of myself.

"I'm not going to propose, you idiot" He said and I sighed in relief.

"I said that out loud, right?" I asked and he nodded.

"So, I just...ever since we started dating, I knew you were the one. Well, that was before we started dating but anyway...I love you, so fucking much. Maybe we are the cringiest, stupidest couple in the world, but I don't care. I want to be with you for the rest of my life and since we're too young to get married, I want to make you a promise" He said and then took out a small black box from his pocket.

"I promise to be with you always, in your good and bad moments. When you are annoying as hell, when you are on your period, when you hate me because I didn't buy you Starbucks. I promise to love you forever" He said and I smiled.

"We're definitely the cringiest couple alive" He nodded, smiling.

"So, will you accept this promise?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Of course, dumbass. Just put the damn ring on so I can kiss you"

-

I was laying down in my bed, Zane sleeping peacefully beside me, thinking about life.

It's surprising how can someone's life change so fast. It wasn't even a year ago I moved here and I didn't like it because these people were rich. Now, I can't even think of a life without them.

I miss my dad, of course I do. He was an amazing human being and I loved him, still do, but he's in a better place now. He's watching me from up there and smiling because he's proud of the person I've become.

Hell, I even miss my mom, the one who disowned me. I wonder how is she now. If she got married to someone else or what. Maybe she wasn't the best mom in the world, but she was still my mom and I loved her. Even after she got rid of me, I thought of her everyday.

I sometimes wonder what would've happened if I never met this family, if Maria never found them. I would either still be in the foster system or just out in the world, all by myself.

Then there's Zane. I hated his stupid ass when I first got here and now look where it got us, together. I admit, I alway thought he was hot as hell, but he was annoying, still is, always will be.

"What are you thinking about?" Zane asked softly and I smiled.

"Just stuff" I answered and he kissed my shoulder.

"I love you, princess" He whispered and I hugged him.

"I love you, Zane"

Life is really full of twists, but this one was the best so far and I do not regret it a single bit.

___________

Hey! Hope you liked this update. I know it is short, I apologize. Point out any typos left so I can fix them. Please vote and comment. Love you all!

nashra