Chapter 21

Tashby fell on the bed, both excited and nervous to be alone with her thoughts. She had to make a plan, but if she decided to save them, there was too little time to think. The safest choice would be to stay in her flat, but she couldn't live with the guilt. If she had decided to live like an adventurer, she had to take risks.

But competing with the police was just too much. She was one young girl, without even Ivy around. She couldn't do anything herself.

Or so she had thought before. She might have become way too brave in the past few days, but she had to do it before fear took over her. Tashby couldn't give up on her aim, no matter what the circumstances were.

Before she could think about the consequences of what she was doing, Tashby ran through the door without closing it. She'd never need to use this flat again. After all, she'd live in the village.

Or not live any longer at all.

Tashby shut her mind up. It was strange, - she'd never thought about how sometimes sanity was a bad thing.

Perhaps she hadn't gotten a chance to. Perhaps by not going to the village, she had been missing out on everything.

She ran down the street, afraid of losing a second. Time mattered so much, and she understood it so well for the first time in her life.

At least before she died, she'd try a few things for the first time.

"Shut up!" She said out loud under her breath as she took a turn. She realized she didn't know the directions to Laora. And the image that came up in her mind was of her walking down a Trimi street and a group of teenagers.

She didn't care about directions anymore. She could make her own way.

As a field and some mountains opened up before her, Tashby sighed in relief. She had found Laora, but there was a long way to go.

But she had forbidden herself to think, so she wouldn't. She just rushed into the field, speeding up on the way. She kicked her shoes off to feel free.