Chapter 37

Soon the outline of Willow's shape was clearly visible. Tashby took a moment to jump, hoping to be noticed.

"Is that you there?"

"Yes!" She ran closer. "Cosmo and I have reached the border!"

"You have?" He sounded surprised.

"Yesterday evening!" She could now see the features of his face and the color of his clothes. "We decided to search for you!"

Tashby could now grasp the tip of his shirt. He was standing in front of her, smiling.

"Cosmo told me to go get you to the border," She spoke under her breath. "See that green line? It's out there."

"Linor's there?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Saying nothing, Tashby took his hand and pulled him towards the grass. She was proud of herself; now they'd at least have three people.

"Have you found anyone else?" Willow asked.

"I haven't. We'll see if Cosmo has."

She let go of his hand and ran faster. The wind was light, not enough for a sandstorm. The sand rose from the ground and immediately fell. Tashby looked around for a second to see if Willow was catching up, then looked back at her aim. She felt slightly dizzy after that, but the feeling soon left her.

Tashby fell on the grass, enjoying how cool it was. She stared up to find Willow with her eyes. He was not far behind, close to the patch. After getting there, he sat down.

"Right now we gotta wait for Cosmo," She said, smiling at him and turning back around. He was looking at the horizon, but she felt him look behind, at the border. Curious, she stood up herself. It was already working.

"Have you seen Cosmo?" She asked, sensing that her hair was a mess.

He shook his head. Tashby ran her hand through her hair. She'd have to comb it once she got to Linor, or she wouldn't be seen as a worthy citizen. Then she turned to face the desert, expecting Cosmo to come.

And something did appear, just a small figure. Tashby stood up to see it better.