Chapter 1

New York, USA

ZEM's POV

"Sir good morning. Someone wants to talk to you. And... he's in your office."

I stopped walking and faced my secretary. "Who? And why did you let him enter my office without my permission?"

She looked down. That's right woman. Be intimidated.

"It's Mr. James Cordova sir. I told him that he shouldn't be there but he insisted sir. He said he'll wait for you." She said while shaking.

"One more mistake... you're fired." I just said and walked to my office.

What does that man needs?!

I harshly pushed the goddamn door and sighed. "What do you need James? And who said you can sit on my chair?"

He looked at me smirked. "Good morning Mr. Mendoza, the future CEO of Mendoza Group of Companies."

"My questions."

"I need to talk to you quiet man. And I don't care if you don't like me sitting on your chair." He winked.

I exhaled and sat on my couch. "Then let's talk."

He chuckled and stood up. "Of course we will talk. Wala ka nang ka wala eh." He sarcastically laughed. "Pati ba naman ako na bestfriend mo ZEM tataguan mo pa."

Yes he's my bestfriend. He has his business in the Philippines and I just stayed in that country last four months. I just got back here a week ago. And I don't know why I'm avoiding his calls and messages. Maybe because he's connected to her.

"I'm not hiding from you."

"Sa kanya lang?" He asked and sat infront of me.

"Who?"

"Tsk. 'Wag ako ZEM. 'Wag ako'ng gaguhin mo. I know that there was something about you and Elaine."

I stared back at him. "Then what?"

"I just confirmed it days ago. Gusto mo bang malaman kung paano ko nalaman?"

"How?" I asked, coldly.

"I saw her walking out of your condominium trice. Don't you wanna know how I confirmed that there was something between you and her?"

"I want to know." I just answered even though I don't care.

Actually wala naman akong pakialam. But knowing this man, he won't stop until he got answers or he said what he wanted to say.

"Nahimatay siya noong isang araw lang."

"And?" I chuckled. "Depression?"

"What the hell is funny with that ZEM?!" He shouted at me.

I frowned and bit my lip. "She's just depressed. Buy her damn vitamins since you're very concerned to her."