Chapter 3

New York, USA

ZEM's POV

"What was that Zac Ethan?!"

I raised my arm to cover my head from dad's punch.

"Dad enough!"

Thank goodness TAM's here.

I opened my eyes and saw him holding dad's arms.

I fixed the way I sit because dad just threw me on his bench. Sakit sa likod tang ina.

"And why the hell are you here TAM?!" Dad shouted at him and moved away.

"Dad naman. Hindi na ba 'ko pwede dito? Kelan pa? Hindi ko yata alam."

That's right dude. Be a jerk. So that both us will be tied down.

"Umayos ka. Ikaw ang tatamaan ko!" Dad shouted and put his hands on his waist.

"I heard that you dragged that nerd here." He said and pointed me.

I looked down and wiped my swollen lips. Ilang beses na nga akong nasapak ng pesteng Christian na 'yon sinundan pa ni dad.

"Of course I'll drag him!" Dad sarcastically shot back. "Alangan namang purihin ko pa dahil nakipag away dahil lang sa Arkisha na 'yon. Wag kang tanga TAM." He again faced me. "Sabi mo bago ka pumunta ng Pilipinas, tama na. You said you're all done. Ano 'to?!"

"I heard the news dad. And I'll be the one to talk to him. You don't have to break his neck." TAM gently said.

"That stupid guy deserves more than this!"

"Dad... I'll talk to him. Don't talk that way to ZEM."

"TAM-"

"Ano ba'ng nangyayari dito?"

We all looked at the stairs when mom spoke while descending.

"What happened to you baby?" Mom came rushing to me and held my face gently. "Anak bakit ang mga 'to?" She worriedly added and sat beside me before glaring at dad. "Did you do this Nick?"

"Wag kang mag alala Anne. Yung nasa pisngi lang niya ang kagagawan ko. Yung iba, baka pwedeng itanong mo nalang sa kanya." Dad said, emotionless, before sitting across us. "TAM you can sit, you know?"

TAM shook his head and sat beside dad.

"ZEM, baby, tell me what happened." Mom said like pleading.

I sighed. How will I tell her? I know her heart will break.

"I... I got into a fight mom." I whispered.

"What?" She asked.

"She's haven't heard the news. Tell her. Have balls." Dad butted in.

How badly I wanted to roll my eyes.

"I was in a bar, drinking alone silently and peacefully when Christian hit me." I started.