12

After breakfast, our group that had eaten together decided to go to the colosseum. Why? Alex got into a playful argument with his brother that he was faster. Angelo opposed and upon mine, Miranda's and Kia's egging on, here we are now.

"Is the race long distance or short?" Miranda asks.

"Short." Angelo answers.

"Long distance." Alex objects. He then also playfully shoves his bro out of the way. "Come on man."

"Fine."

"I say twice around the base of here." I interrupt.

They look at each other and then nod their heads in approval.

We draw a line in the dirty ground and the boys get down into a running position and wait for Miranda's call. Alex on the inside  so he is behind by respective amount.

"On your marks. Get set. Gold!" Miranda says.
Angelo false starts and we burst into laughter. Alex even shouts, "Oh my gods, dude. You're a bit too excited."

"HA! Tricked you!" My sister says. She earns a brotherly glare and a 'Shut up.' from Angelo before starting again. "On your marks. Get set. Go!" And with that they're off. Alex climbs up from the behind and catches up to Angelo. Once he gains the lead, he keeps it the whole time. Who is the winner? Alex.

For the rest of the day we hang out. At around lunch time, we meet up with Trav, Railyn, Jake and Connor and eat at a little diner in the shops. We split a large pizza between the nine of us, and also the check. Travis seems to have come back to his senses. He seems less...un-Travis-like and more of the-Travis-we-all-know-and---

There is that word again. Love. I hesitate on my thought. And decide against continuing upon it.

Finally during dinner, we figure out what game we will be playing and what cohorts will be grouped with what cohorts.

Game: Deathball.
Team A: Fifth, Third, half of First.
Team B:  Second, Fourth, half of First.

"I thought that the team's weren't going to be grouped fairly." Railyn says "The fight won't always be fair." She quotes.

"Yeah. They're almost never grouped fairly." Alex explains.

"I guess Reyna wants to see an interesting fight." Angelo nods.

"What's the objective anyways?" Miranda asks.

"Kinda like paintball." Kia mutters. She's been so quiet. I mean, well ,despite only the amount of hours we've been together, we've gotten really close. Enough to know that she isn't actually innocent. Her shyness and quietness just give her that look. "Except with poison and fire and weapons."

"Oh. Well, that's..nice." I hear Travis mutter.

As I am currently holding Travis' hand I rub the back of it reassuringly.

"Nobody actually dies from these games, right?" I ask.

"Don't worry." Alex replies. "The poison is temporary, the fire looks cool if not used against you, and the weapons won't that bad of a deal considering we were born and trained to fight.

"And plus, you scared, Gardner?" he asks.

I feel Travis' grip on my hand tighten around mine. "You're lucky you're in my cohort, Alex, or it would be you as my target to get rid of."

"Yeah, man." Angelo says joking, "Although the Stolls look like they could be a fun competition."

"You know they'd beat your sorry butts in a second." My sister smirks.

"Sorry guys," I nod, "but no doubt, our boys will beat you."

"Yeah!" Connor lets out a whoop and then kisses Miranda.

Travis smirks and then lifts my chin to kiss me. I smile against his lips and he does his signature smirk upon mine. I kiss him back and then as I go to pull back, he leans in still and I laugh. He steals another kiss, then another before finally letting go. Not complaining though. He is my boyfriend--why wouldn't I want to kiss him?

"Good thing you guys finally stopped sucking eachother's faces. Cat calls were on their way and we would have gotten some strange looks." Railyn winks.
"Tratie." Miranda 'coughs' under her breath.

Railyn has a coughing fit also, and even Angel, Jake and Kia and also Alex.

We are quite to interesting group.

sucky boring chappie but hmm is that jealousy in trav's eyes?
i assure you tratie isn't breaking up but trav will do some stupid stuff 🙄

july 29th 2017

11 • 21 •17
08/08/18
edited
💜