37

After eating at a restaurant to kill time, we return to the hotel. Kia's aunt smiles at us as we walk past her to the elevator. We use the key to open the door and its reveals the room.

"Whooo," Kia whistles, "Aunty is the greatest woman alive, she booked us the suite!" She smiles at me and I smile back.

"Okay, but who's sleeping in the bed, and who's sleeping on the couch?" Alex asks.

"I'm sleeping in the bed," Kia and I say at the same time. I am not sleeping in a bed with either Travis or Alex. Reason one-- I have no feelings for Alex and sleeping in the same bed with him is just awkward for me. Reason two-- Sleeping in the same bed as Travis again would be moving way too quickly, especially after just having forgiven him.

Kia and I make eye contact and shrug. I trust Kia enough to not kill me in my sleep, I wouldn't mind sleeping in the same bed as her. "Sure," she responds.

"I'm not sleeping on the couch with Travis." Alex says.

"Relax, it's a pull out couch." Kia waves a hand dismissively.

"And it's only one night, you'll live." I add. The boys share a look of pain but keep their mouths shut.

We begin to unpack our stuff and I hear the pull out sofa being set up. We don't use any of the electronics other than the lights, leaving the T.V. untouched.

"So," Kia smiles, "what's the latest on The Bachelorette: Katie-Travis-and-Alex-Edition."

I frown at her, "What's The Bachelorette?"

"Nothing, just a show," she shakes her head, "What's up between u three?"

I shrug. One lied to me. The other is gay.

"Really, you're just gonna shrug at me?"

"Well I don't know, I told you about forgiving Travis and that Alex and I have no chemistry."

"Are you sure you guys don't feel anything towards one another."

"Who? Me and Alex, or me and Travis?"

"The fact that you had to ask which boy we were talking about has me suspicious."

"Don't be."

"So you don't have the slightest fancy for either of them?"

"Well I don't really know. I would like to be good with Travis again before anything else--"

"So you like Travis?"

"But i don't know how much of his nonsense I can't handle."

"So you don't want to be with Travis?"

"No, that's not what I'm saying--"

"So you do!"

"Kia!"

"KATIE!"

"No."

"No?"

"I don't know..."

"Why not?"

"I don't know..."

She gives me a look, "Is it because of Alex?"

"There is nothing between me and Alex."

"Are you sure."

"Yes. I am."

"Then you go on and tell him that."

"What do you mean?" I turn to face her more.

"I don't know, but to him, things might me a bit heated between you two."

"But there's nothing--"

"He asked you out to this double date and even though it's fake--we all know it's fake-- you still said yes."

"But it'a fake."

"Then why did u say yes?"

"Because its fake!" And because Alex and I are testing just how ready Travis and I are before resuming our relationship.

"Well, take that out of the equation." She raises and eyebrow, "You're on a double date with a boy that you believe is just a friend, and the other 'couple' is one of your best friends and you ex. But what makes it more iterating is that you're ex and you have been through quite a lot from what I've seen an through it all you guys always find a way to make things work out between you two--despite the heartbreak of him using you to cheat on an unsuspecting girl who he didn't break up with, but also thought would never see him again."

That confused me. But I understood it too. Like a math class.

"Of course," she keeps going, "you're ex is in love with you and is trying to get you back, but your date isn't keen on that idea even though you aren't exactly over your ex. Your date, I think, knows how much complex this all is, but refuses to believe in it all and wants to win your heart as well."

That last sentence is wrong. Friendship love, not more than that.

"So basically you're trapped in a love triangle that ultimately comes down to this-- who do you feel is right for you. Through thick and thin, sickness and in health, for better or for worse, who is right for you?"

im back, lovelies
💜