28

Its like if my eyes opened, yet I know that they haven't opened. Not really, at least.

I see a brightly lit room, with white walls, marble tiles, expensive looking furniture, and high clean glass windows with colored thin shawl-like curtains, draped upon them. I walk around the room, admiring it's beauty, it's lush comfort. The flirtatious color gives off a lovely feel as I get the sense as to who is behind my drousiness.
"Hello," a voice says.
I spin around on my heal. Okay, well that was the voice of a guy. Not Aphrodite, like I had thought it would've been. Especially with the lovey-dovey shades of pink that radiates around the room. My eye fall upon a man. Or, what appears to be a man, he obviously must be a god. 
"I am Hypnos." The man says. 
"God of sleep. Personification of dreams... I'm dreaming, aren't I?" I ask.
"Sort of."
"Why is everything pink?"
"What? A god can't like pink?"
"Uhm, I wasn't saying--"
"I'm joking. I'm not the only god here though. The true reason why you are here will be here soon." He says.
The real reason? What does that mean? 
"Don't sweat though Travis. Right now, I am here for you to rest a little bit. Relax."
And with that, I automatically feel much more relaxed. I feel more at ease. I feel so relaxed that it's almost unnatural. I imagine that this is what it would feel like if you could be aware of what being relaxed in sleep would be. My breathing even, my heart rate steady, my muscles relaxed, my nerves calm. Everything is relaxed. 

"Ah, here she is." I hear Hypnos say after a while of soothing silence. "Our lovely goddess."
"Hello, boys." A feminine voice calls. I rest my gaze upon a woman of pure beauty.
"Aphrodite." I frown. Two gods wish to speak to me?
"What? Did you think all this pink would be for Hypnos?" She flashes a smile.
"Okay, well, pink can be for a guy or a girl or queer of whatever you want.  A color is a color, it really doesn't matter at all. Stop jumping to the conclusion that I am limiting a color to a gender."
"My, have the centuries changed."
"They have changed quite a bit."

I almost roll my eyes, I don't though, because that would be rude to a god or goddess, no matter how much they deserve to be eye-rolled at. They lead me into a small, comfy area, similar to a living room.
"Sit," Aphrodite gesters to a bright pink loveseat. After eyeing it for a second, I follow directions and in doing so, I instantly sink into the softness of it. Hypnos and Aphrodite then sit on a couch across from me.
"Why did you bring me here?" I ask, "Is there something wrong with Katie?"
"No."
"Then why am I here, I have to go talk to her."
"Exactly."
"What?"
"You do need to talk to her..." Aphrodite nods, "but..."

"But, you're a mess." Hypnos states bluntly. "A mess?"
"A big, terrible, mess."
"Gee, thanks. What does a mess have to co with the god of Sleep and the goddess of love?"
"I am here so you can rest. You look a mess, you aren't eating right, you look didn't sleep at all last night and I imagine Zombie Travis would scare off Katie, yeah?" Hypnos states.
"And I am here because, well, even though I am  the goddess of love," Aphrodite flips her hair over her shoulder, "you terribly, messed up your love life."
"Like I haven't noticed." I shake my head, "Why are you here scolding me if you're not my parent? I haven't told my mom of my struggles and my you definitely are not my dad."

They each give me a look. I sigh, "Okay, I'm sorry, that was a bit rude."
The goddess sighs too, "Travis, this is exactly what we are trying to get across to you."
"You're not you." Hypnos agrees. Then pauses ,and laughs, "HA! You aren't you when you're hungry! Get it? You haven't eaten right, and you're acting strange! HAHA! It's like the snickers slogan!"
"What the--"
"Excuse, him, love, " Aphrodite sympathizes, "he is the personification of dreams. It's confusing. It's sort of like how dreams can be making sense one seconded but not the next? Yeah, he can be sort of like that..."
I nod. This is one crazy dream.
Suddenly Hyphos stops laughing, "By the way," he says, "you aren't really dreaming, you're day dreaming."
"Then why did I close my eyes? I thought I was blacking out."
"I made you sleepy. You had to calm down, otherwise you would have actually passed out." 
This is all too much for me. 
"Anyways, you asked why we are here Travis?" Aphrodite gets back to the point, "Well, my brother, your dad, is out delivering a message for our father. He is said to be back at Olympus in a couple of days, but I doubt it. He will probably get distracted by something and wish to have some some fun."
"So you guys are looking out for me instead?"
"In a way, I mean, you are my nephew."
"But then why is he here? I'm not closely related to him."
"Well, think of it this way, when your in love, which no doubt, you are, you wish for the times where you can be alone, loved, happy, with your significant other. Sometimes, you can find yourself staring off into space, daydreaming,  about your other. 

"Or, think of when you're love stops talking to you. Say, the one you care for ignores you. You do go on with you're day, yes, but you when it is time for sleep, you find that you cannot stop thinking as to what you could've done to make your other mad at you. You think and think and overthink, what if they no longer love me? and then once the question is planted into your mind, it is seemingly impossible to go and have a blissful sleep, isn't it?

"Your mind, influenced by the fear of loosing your soulmate, the love of your life,  cannot let yourself relax into the sleep that your body needs. You linger for the love of your life to come back to you, to speak to you, to be with you, to love you, to show affection to you. Yet, there you are, trapped. Trapped in your mind without sleep, and seemingly, without help."

"And that is how love and sleep tie into eachother?"
"Yes, that is why both of us are here."
"So you can get a calm head, a calm body, a rested self and a better chance at collecting yourself."
I understand.
"You will rest here until I believe that you are well again. Rested enough to be able to stop this daydream."
"And I while you are resting, I will be here for any assistance you may need when it comes to your love life struggles."
I feel the sensation of my body loosing stress, of being weightless, of being asleep once more. So I sink into the comfortable brightly colored seat and try to come up with what I am going to say to Katie, and how I am going to proceed with all the events leading up to it.

11 ‌• 29 ‌• 17
sorry, this chap is probably hella boring and hella long
like 1186 words long
(not including my a/n rn..)
MY BDAY IS IN THREE DAYS OML
love you guys
💜