14

I take a brush and a carrot from the side of the stable. I feed the carrot to the beauty as I then start to brush it's coat. Today, Camp Jupiter assigned me to tending to the Unicorns.

Brushing, feeding, cleaning--the whole gist.

"You're beautiful," I whisper to the all white coated and white maned unicorn I tend to as it gives me an affectionate nudge into the side. The coat of the beauty is a bit warm from the noon day heat. I laugh at the playful affection though.

"It seems Jaxie has taken quite the liking to you." A voice says. I don't have to turn to see that it belongs to Alex.

"Jaxie?" I question.

"His name." He nods to the unicorn I am tending to. "Named after the little story of some guy named Jack Frost. For his snowy appearance."

"I see."

We stay in silence for a bit as he tends to the unicorn named Calla beside me. Her coat black but also white, and I am left to my own thoughts.

It's been two days since the war game and Travis hasn't done so much as to look in my direction for the past two days. My heart seems to drop every time I see him because it seems like he doesn't want to see me. He seems to be talking to Connor and Jake a lot. The boys all, in general, get along well, but it doesn't seem that Travis is opening towards Alex.

I don't understand why he can't accept Alex. Alex is funny, smart, athletic--just like Travis himself. What's so wrong with him? Especially if he didn't do anything to actually give him a reason.

I take a quick side glance at Alex. Slightly tanned skin, dark hair that looks like he just woke up and didn't bother to brush it, and it still looks alright. Athletically nice build with lenience and agility.

Not going to lie--handsome. But I am already taken. And cheating is just terrible.

The silence is comfortable despite my uncomfortable and saddening thoughts but suddenly he speaks again. "Katie, are you alright?" Alex asks.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You didn't answer my question." He says.

"I guess I'm alright."

"You guess? How are things with you and Travis?" He asks.

I hesitate for a second or two. I haven't told anyone else my thoughts. No one. I need to get this off my chest. "Uhm...we--We're somewhat alright. I mean, in a way, I know of some things that it seems he hasn't told me." I say thinking back to Mae, "And it also seems like he doesn't want to be around me--I don't know why.

"I just don't know what to do. Confront him for not telling me? Give him the space he wants?" I sigh.

"Anyways. Come what may, right?"

"Oh," He says "I'm sorry...in my opinion, give him a little more space. If he doesn't come around by then, do try to establish something with him."

"Don't be sorry. It's alright, I guess."

"Okay, but I hope your love life gets better..."

I pause. I don't know how to react to that, so I just say--

"I hope so too."

hi guys this is a long over due chappie( and it's short). sorry hamilton is inflicting my everyday movements more and more. i just realized that i named my character ALEX.

as in ALEXANDER FREAKING HAMILTON.

oh btw, IM CAMPING!!! HOW SAGITARRIOUS OF ME. ♐️♐️♐️
((supposed to be updated earlier but im offline with not service.))

anyways, ty for reading.
august 12th 2017

E D I T E D
august 28th 2017
I D K
HOW MANY TIMES IMMA REWRITE THIS BUT YEAH BYe ILY

11 • 21 •17
edited
im so fed up w all of u guys pointing out schist about unicorns. i love you all, don't get me wrong, but just stfu about it.
💜