f o u r

= 4 years later =

Taeyong ;

  Putting on a baby pink button up shirt and a pair of black casual pants, I headed downstairs to prepare breakfast. As I got the ready the utensils I was going to use, I heard the door creak open. Thinking that it was just Vin who came back after driving Uncle and Aunt to work, I resumed the preparation.

  As I transfered the food from the pan to the plate, someone hugged me from behind.

"So you can cook by yourself now?"

  My eyes widened when I heard the very familiar voice. Putting everything down gently but quickly, I turned around and enveloped him in a hug.

"Welcome back! I didn't know you'd be back here today."

  Letting out a chuckle, he replied, "surprise?"

---

  As I gobbled down my breakfast, Jaehyun placed his luggage in his room and changed. He had already eaten on the plane and ushered me to eat before we left for work.

  Upon reaching the office building with Jaehyun, it was as if everyone was a completely different person. Usually they'd be quiet and mind their own business but today there was an uproar.

  Jaehyun sunk into his chair after entering his office, the door shutting behind me.

"I remember playing here with you while we were still kids," he reminisced, "and Dad would complain that we were too noisy at times"

"Time went by so fast," i couldn't help but smile.

"Alright let's start work now. Let's get dinner afterwards."

  I bowed and exited his office, hurrying to my table to continue my paperwork.

---

  After typing in the last few sentences, I organised the papers on my table into neat stacks.

"Taeyong, let's go."

After taking my belongings and tidying up my workdesk, i hurried beside him and headed to the exit as he placed his arm around my shoulder.

"Jaehyunie! I missed you!" I heard someone squeal when we stepped out of the building.

"Juyeon!" Jaehyun gleamed, removing his arm from my shoulder and rushing over to Juyeon.

  All i could do was watch their backs with a heavy heart as they showed their affection for each other.

  "We're going for dinner now..."

  Right before Jaehyun could finish what he was saying, Juyeon butted in.

  "Great! I'll join you!" She exclaims, grabbing his arm as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

  Jaehyun's head shot behind to give me a quizzical look. I shrugged in reply, signalling that i didnt mind for Juyeon to tag along. We entered the car; Jaehyun at the driver's seat, Juyeon at the passenger seat and me at the backseat.

----***----
C/n :

Sorey for late and inconsistent updates :')) ty for being patient tho

and i read all y'all comments they make me laugh tbh :9