t h i r t y - f o u r

- ;

  "so you just let taeyong leave like that?"

  jaehyun nodded, "well what was i supposed to say? or even do?"

  hana sighed, "you shouldn't have initiated the break up in the first place. you should have fought on."

  jaehyun rubbed his temples, "but it'll be better for us."

  "said who? did you even ask taeyong how he felt before you decided on everything by yourself?"

  "h-he himself made the decision to leave so he's probably fine with it."

  "he was just respecting your decision and he probably left since he couldn't bear seeing you so often. his heart would hurt you know, he loved you so much."

  "i thought you loved him a lot too," hana commented, looking down at her fingers.

  upon hearing that comment, jaehyuns' head shot up. he opened his mouth, muttering that he actually did love him. but hana was quick to reply that his actions claimed otherwise.

  the two of the decided to meet up during lunch break. hana was excited, thinking that she would be updated about the couple and would be hearing on how much jaehyun enjoyed his time with taeyong but instead, what she heard was about them breaking up and taeyong leaving. hana couldn't contain her disappointment when she heard the story. she honestly expected much more for the two.

  "did you message him afterwards? like ask him how he was or whether he's coping well?"

  jaehyun shook his head.

  hana sighed again, "hate to break it to you but i'm honestly so disappointed and frustrated.why didn't you man up? taeyong was such a nice guy and the two of you were such a power couple."

  jaehyun shrugged and slumped against the chair.

  "i honestly don't know what to do anymore."

---

  after reaching home from work, jaehyun slumped on his bed, tired from work. he still had not found another personal assistant as no one was as meticulous and hardworking as his previous one, taeyong. so without a personal assistant, jaehyun had to do all the work by himself. it didn't help that the words hana had said during lunch kept replaying in his head.

changing into his pajamas, he laid down on his bead again and stared at the ceiling, letting his thoughts wander. his trail of thoughts was interrupted after a while when his phone started to ring. he reached out for his phone on his bedside table and picked up the call, not sparing a glance on who the caller was.

"jaehyun where are you?" the person said, slurring his voice.

jaehyun finally looked at who the caller was, wondering whether he was hallucinating.

the caller was no one other than taeyong.

jaehyun placed the phone to his ears again but kept silent.

  "you know, it's been weeks since i left but i still miss you. it feels weird since i'm so used to sleeping and waking up beside you. why did we break up? i know you said that it'll be better for the two of us but how? i miss you jaehyun, and i love you so much but i guess we really aren't meant to be together huh? what if i was from another family? what if my original parents didn't abandon me? what if i was a girl instead? would it have worked out?"

  jaehyun sighed, "taeyong you're drunk. stop drinking, what if you do something weird?"

  taeyong chuckled, "it's fine. johnny and ten are here in my apartment with me. they'll take care of me. at least they'll stay with me unlike you."

  jaehyun couldn't help but feel hurt at that last sentence. he opened his mouth, trying to reply but no words came out. at the other side of the line, jaehyun heard ten calling taeyong in the background, telling him not to call people when he's drunk.

  with that, the call ended. jaehyun dropped his phone onto the bed, covering his eyes with his arms.

  jaehyun knew he didn't do the wrong thing. but he didn't feel like he did the right thing either.

  a pang of guilt and remorse hit jaehyun. he pressed his lips onto a thin line, trying to suppress the wave of feelings that overwhelmed him. he regretted letting taeyong go, he still loved taeyong a lot. but it was probably too late.

—-

  with johnny carrying taeyongs' body onto the bed, ten opened the door to taeyongs' room so that johnny could lay him down on the bed.

  johnny being the bartender he is, made several cocktails for the three of them which were mostly drank by taeyong. since the effects of alcohol was stronger in cocktails, taeyong ended up passing out after all the drinks.

  ten tucked taeyong in his bed, making ensuring that taeyong was comfortable.

  "aw my baby's so sweet," johnny cooed.

  ten bit his lip and playfully punched johnnys' chest. he whispered to johnny, telling him to help clean up the glasses and alcohol. the two of them left the room, slowly and quietly closing the door behind them, so as not to wake up taeyong.

  when the two of them were done, they slumped onto the sofa, johnny wrapping his arms around tens' waist.

  "did you hear his conversation just now?" ten asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

  johnny nodded, "he usually ranted about jaehyun but i didn't know he'd actually call this time.

  "what if i was from another family? what if my original parents didn't abandon me? what if i was a girl instead?" ten parroted, "what he said really worries me. what if he means it and he's blaming himself?"

  johnny placed a kiss on tens' forehead, "it's alright baby. even if he did, we'll always be here for him, right? and i'm sure he wasn't thinking straight."

  "he ain't even straight in the first place."

  "is this really the time to crack a joke?" johnny chuckled.

  ten shook his head, "couldn't help it, but i really hope he isn't regretful or anything."

  johnny hummed, pulling ten closer, "alright but go to sleep now angel, it's getting late."

  ten nodded, leaning onto johnny as he drifted to sleep.

——***——
c/n :

longer chapt as promised!!

and i think this is the longest chapt i've written so far?!?!!

i was listening to exo's album while studying anD i nOTICED that 'with you' has a similar intro?/ starting? to kris' 'freedom' !!¿! oR AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS SO AHAJAJAHA

-09/11/18