f i f t e e n

Jaehyun ;

  i rubbed my eyes and stretched my limbs as i rose from the bed. taeyong was beside me, still curled up sleeping. i smiled and laid back down facing him. taking one of his hands, i played with his fingers. his eyes fluttered open and stared mindlessly at me.

  "sorry for waking you up."

  he shook his head and interlaced our hands. we both broke into a smile as we looked at each others hands. 

  "when will you be mine?" i asked, raising our interlaced hands against the ceiling.

  "shall i be yours as of today onwards?" he giggled.

  "really?"

  he hummed, "i mean it."

  i turned to face him and pecked on his cheeks.

  "let's go get ready for the day."

  with that, we got up from the bed and headed to the toilet, still holding each others hands.

---

Yuta ;

  a smile was plastered on my face as i skipped to taeyong's apartment, bringing along a box of pizza for the both of us. it had been around a week that i hadn't visited taeyong due to me being busy at my part time jobs. i arrived at his apartment and knocked on the door. However, no one opened it or even responded.

  maybe taeyong's out?

  not giving up, i decided to wait till he came back. as i was passing time by playing games on my phone, the landlady noticed me slouched against the wall.

 "yuta, what brings you here?" she asked as she approached me.

  "waiting for taeyong. seem's like his out for a moment."

  she raised her eyebrows.

  "honey, didn't you know? taeyong moved out and this apartment's vacant at the moment."

  ah, that was sudden.

  "can i take it then? i'll pay for it later."

  "sure honey, take your time to settle in," she smiled.

  the landlady passed me the keys to the apartment and went off to continue what she was doing. i entered the apartment and settled down on the couch as i placed the box of pizza on my lap. opening the box, i pulled out a slice of the pizza, the cheese stretching along with it and bit off a mouthful. chewing on the slice, i took out my phone and browsed the internet.

  after chowing down on pizza, a sigh left my mouth as i thought about where taeyong could have went. i never had the chance to ask taeyong for his number as we always just met each other at this apartment and i never expected him to leave so soon and suddenly.

  i threw away the empty box and decided to head to the back of the bar where taeyong had picked me up. i knew that he worked at the bar so maybe i had the chance of meeting him again there. i locked up and walked to the bar, hoping to see taeyong there. when i reached the bar, i looked high and low for taeyong but to no avail. feeling defeated, i went to the bar counter and took a slumped on a seat.

  "what would you like sir?"

  "a pint of beer would do."

  after a few seconds, a pint of beer was placed in front of me. i nodded my head and muttered a thanks before downing it. i turned to my right to see the rather tall bartender chatting away happily with a petite guy who had lots of piercings. 

  "excuse me, have you seen taeyong around?" i managed to ask.

  they looked at me quizzically and looked at each other again, arching their brows.

  "why? and who are you?" they asked.

  "he moved out of his apartment and i haven't seen him around," i explained, "and i'm yuta. i met taeyong a few weeks ago when he helped me while i was wasted."

  the bartender nodded, "ah taeyong told me about you. the one who collapsed at the back of the bar?"

  i smiled sheepishly and nodded.

  "he had to go back to his previous company," the guy with piercings chimed in, the bartender nodding along.

  "do you have his number? he left before i could ask him for it."

  the bartender nodded and took out his phone from his pocket, showing me taeyong's number. i saved his number in my phone and thanked them.

  "thanks..."

  "i'm johnny, and his ten," he said as he pointed to the guy opposite him.

  i smiled and thanked them again properly before leaving.