t h i r t y - o n e

Taeyong ;

  by the time i reached the house, i was soaked and shivering. it was already morning and vin was beyond shocked to see me in that state. vin went up to me, asking what had happened and told me off for staying under the rain. i gave him a wry smile and reassured him that i would not fall sick, excusing myself to my room so that i could change out of the damp clothes. 

  jaehyun and his parents probably left for work since it was already reaching 8 am. a part of me wondered whether they were worried about me since i was gone for the whole night and actually wished they did but i told myself that i was expecting too much.

  cloaked in a fresh set of clothes, i took a towel and dried my hair. glancing at the mirror, i cringed at how horrible i looked. i was awfully pale, my eyes puffy and i looked like i just rose from the dead. i decided not to go to work today, calling in saying that i was sick. exiting the bathroom, i plopped onto my bed, laying down and stared at the ceiling until i fell asleep.

---

  the sun had set and it was already night. everyone else had returned back home and they were in their respective rooms taking time to themselves and resting. knocking on jaehyun's door, i entered after he responded.

  "i'll make this quick," i said, closing the door behind me.

  jaehyun looked up from his phone and arched his brows, telling me to go on.

  "so we're over right?"

  jaehyun pressed his lips into a thin line before responding with a nod.

  "then if i make my own decisions, it won't bother you right?"

  jaehyun nodded again.

  i smiled and thanked him before exiting the room. one issue down and now there was a few more to tackle. i knocked at the door again, this time it was the room belonging to jaehyuns' parents. i gulped as i heard footsteps coming forward. the door opened to reveal jaehyuns mom.

  "may i talk to you?" i asked, "privately."

  she nodded and left her room, leaving her husband inside. the both of us headed downstairs to the living room. taking a seat on the sofa, we made ourselves comfortable before starting to talk. but it was still obvious that we were feeling antsy. i bit at the skin surrounding my nail as she looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed, anticipating what i had to say.

  "jaehyun and i broke up," i stated.

  her lips formed an o and her expression softened.

  "but i want to leave," i explained, "it's not that i don't like it here or that i'm doing this out of hatred. i want to put distance between us since feelings may linger if i still stick by his side."

  "will you come back?"

  i shrugged, "i honestly don't know."

    she inched closer and placed my hands in hers, "thank you taeyong. and i'm sorry that the two of you have to breakup. if you want to leave, i'll respect your decision."

  "could i leave as soon as possible?"

  she nodded, giving me a wry smile, "as long as you're ready."

----***----

c/n :

i aDOPTED A NEW DINO PLUSHIE BUT IDK WHAT TO NAME IT

also the bed squeaks in tempo, sehuns lines, kai dancing in a crop top "i!! cAnt!! bELieVe!!"