t w e l v e

Taeyong ;

  my eyes fluttered open to find myself on a clean bed with a fresh change of clothes. my head hurt as i recalled what had happened from the previous night. i closed my eyes and shook my head, trying to forget the horrible memory and massaged my temples, trying to ease the pain. that moment, the sound of the door opening was heard.

  i looked at the direction of the sound and saw jaehyun entering the room with a tray of sandwiches and two glasses of juice. he placed the tray on the bedside table and took a seat in front of me.

  "are you alright?" he asks as he caressed my cheeks.

  i shook my head and grabbed his hand, leaning in closer and rested my head on his chest. he engulfed me in a hug and rubbed my back.

  "i was so scared... i-i i just,"

  jaehyun placed a finger on my lips to hush me, "don't cry, you don't have to talk about it if it makes you uncomfortable."

  i nodded an wiped my tears before resting my head on his chest again.

  "i'm sorry. i've been awful to you and i didn't know how much you were actually suffering," jaehyun apologised as he played with my hair.

  i shook my head and wrapped my arms around his waist, "i was the one who didn't tell you anything."

  jaehyun cupped my cheeks and looked me in the eye, "promise me that there won't be any secrets between us?"

  i nodded my head in response. he brought his face closer till our foreheads were touching.

  "i'm sorry, you're just so precious to me and i feel really guilty for everything."

  "it's alright really," i reassured him.

  "i'm going to pamper you and make sure i treat you right from now on."

  i thanked him and gave him a hug. he took a slice of the sandwich and brought it to my lips which i shook my head an explained that i still didn't have an appetite. he nodded and took a bite of it and passed me a glass of juice instead. i took the glass from him and sipped its contents slowly.

  we were done with breakfast and the tray of empty glasses and plate was brought down to the sink by jaehyun while i stayed on the bed. jaehyun insisted that he would be the one to bring down the tray and i didn't exactly have the energy to do anything much today.

  jaehyun came back into the room and sat beside me. 

  "anything you want to do today?" he asked.

  "not really. honestly just want to sleep in for the whole of today."

  jaehyun chuckled and nodded his head. he got up from the bed and closed the curtains. the room was dimmer now that sunlight was not entering the room. he then got onto the bed and laid down beside me.

  "come and lay down too," he beckoned as he patted the mattress.

  i laid down and faced him. jaehyun grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. he began to stroke my hair as he hummed a lullaby. i wrapped my arms around his waist and clung onto him until my eyelids felt heavy. after a while, he pecked on forehead and muttered 'sleep well' before hugging me and also falling asleep.

-----***-----

c/n :

aye this chapt has been rewritten as promised and i'll try to update more frequently too :D probably after every 2 days since i wanna finish the story