t w e n t y - f o u r

- ;

  "you're going to meet her again?" taeyong asked, his voice laced with frustration.

  jaehyun nodded, fixing his clothes.

  "why? i'm just meeting her for a meal and to chit chat," jaehyun said, putting on his watch.

  taeyong sighed in defeat, "alright. enjoy your time."

  taeyong exited jaehyun's room and went to his. jaehyun was spending a lot of time with hana lately and didn't exactly notice. his occasional rendezvous with her ended up being more frequent. taeyong ended up being neglected by his own boyfriend. jaehyun didn't seem to mind or think that anything was wrong so taeyong decided to let it be. 

  the nights where they used to spend cuddling to sleep became nights where they spent alone in their respective rooms. jaehyun made matters worse by chatting so happily about hana at the dinning table to the whole family while eating dinner. taeyong felt sick from listening to jaehyun's stories about hana. he didn't have much appetite and started to skip meals more frequently, making an excuse saying that he ate dinner outside.

  their relationship was getting more and more toxic but jaehyun was just as oblivious as ever. or maybe just too ignorant. taeyong was getting tired, he didn't feel as loved as before and felt empty more often. taeyong slowly distanced himself from everyone, showing everyone around him a fake smile so that they wouldn't worry about him.

  on one of the nights, everyone else was in their rooms while taeyong was alone in the living room. he was sitting comfortably on the sofa, clutching onto one of the cushions, staring at the television screen. his blind was just like the television screen - blank, empty and dull.

  vin stepped out of his room to see taeyong in the living room. vin approached taeyong and sat beside him. taeyong was aware of vin's presence but still kept his eyes at the screen. the two of them sat in comfortable silence for a while. after a while, taeyong sighed and leaned against the sofa.

  "jaehyun hasn't been treating you well nowadays," vin spoke.

  "tell me about it."

  taeyong's eyes widened and looked at vin.

  "wait you knew about us?"

  vin nodded, "the two of you were obviously so in love. how could i not notice? and after you moved back in, it was obvious that the two of you were more than what you two were back then."

  "if only the love between us lasted longer."

  "they say in dating there's always the honeymoon period. where the couple would be so in love with each other. but after a while, it dies down, and there's where they find out whether their love for each other is strong enough to overcome the conflicts and challenges."

  taeyong only hummed in response.

  "come to me anytime alright? you should make sure you stop skipping meals too. even i get worried," vin said, giving taeyong's shoulders a light squeeze.

  taeyong finally smiled, glad that he still had someone by his side who he could seek comfort in.

----***----

c/n : 

w'all need a vin for ourselves :') even me too ajaja