t w e n t y - t h r e e

Taeyong ;

  "welcome back," i greeted with a smile.

  jaehyun finally came home from the blind date and brought along a cake box home. he smiled back at me and ushered me to the dinning table. taking a fork from the kitchen, he opened the box and gave me the cake to eat. thanking him, i sat at the seat opposite him and took a bite of the cake.

  "so how was the blind date?" i asked.

  "was fine," he replied, "her name's hana and we're friends now."

  i raised my eyebrows as i took another bite of the cake.

  "she already has a girlfriend and only went to meet me for the blind date so that her mom would stop bothering her."

  i nodded in response, munching on the cake.

  "not convinced?" jaehyun chuckled, resting his chin on his palm.

  i shrugged, scrunching my nose by habit and finished the cake with a last bite. i picked up the trash and placed it in the bin, washing the fork i used afterwards. i retreated to the living room, resting on the sofa beside jaehyun.

  "i mean i trust you," i said, "but maybe not hana since i don't know her. what if she's lying about having a girlfriend and she's actually straight. what if she likes you?"

  jaehyun chuckled, planting a kiss on my forehead.

  "i've seen hana and her girlfriend so it's fine."

  i nodded, deciding to believe what he said.

  aunt came out from her room and saw the two of us on the couch. her face lighted up as she approached the two of us.

  "how did the blind date go?" she asked.

  "was fine. hana was nice and friendly," jaehyun replied.

  "so would you meet her again?"

  jaehyun shrugged in response. aunt slowly nodded while smiling, heading to the kitchen afterwards to get herself a cup of water.

  i pressed my lips into a straight line. i didn't like how jaehyun didn't reject the suggestion of meeting hana again. i stood up from the sofa and excused myself, retreating into my room. closing the door behind me, i collapsed onto my bed, staring at the ceiling mindlessly.

----***----

c/n :

i love food but i hate gaining weight :')