b o n u s

Taeyong ;

  after months of spending time with each other and getting to know each other all over again, i couldnt help but fall for jaehyun again. the first few months, i still had lingering feelings for him and ended up developing more. we got together and although i was still worried that our relationship would be unstable, jaehyun proved me wrong.

  just like he said, he changed.

  he stopped being so oblivious and self-centered, which i was grateful for. whenever anything happened, he always came to me and shared the details, also asking for my opinions when needed. he stopped deciding on things all on his own and would think of the consequences concerning me, concerning us.

  we still met up with all our friends, occasionally going on double dates with johnny and ten or hana and yejin. yuta and winwin meanwhile, were still continuing with their successful business in china and would visit during holidays.

months after dating each other, we decided to live together. i didnt move back into his house but instead, we bought ourselves our own house. we visited uncle and aunt often, updating them about ourselves and just keeping them company. vin still stayed by their side, loyal as ever. aunt and uncle told him that he could go and get another job or go to another country to his liking but he refused, saying that he wanted to spend his days with all of us.

one night, i was going back to our house from my job in the pet store. jaehyun wasnt replying to any of my messages and he didnt even read them. part of me was worried but i reassured myself that he was fine. maybe he just fell asleep or his phone battery went flat?

when i arrived at home, the lights were all switched off. it felt weird. beads of cold sweat started to form, my palms getting sweaty and my throat feeling parched. i was used to the lights being switched on and the aroma of food cooking being emitted. why did it seem like no one was at home?

i opened the door slowly, entering the dark house. i switched the lights on and saw that there was an envelope on the dining table. walking towards it, i picked the envelope up and opened it.

"i prepared a surprise for you. head to our bedroom but look out for cards and roses along the way"

taking the card with me, i walked to the corridor leading to our bedroom and saw the aforementioned cards and roses stuck onto the walls with tape. a smile was plastered on my face as i collected them and read the cards. the words were all handwritten by jaehyun and had pictures of the two of us pasted at the sides, decorated with cute stickers and hearts.

"the first time we met, i was demanding and arrogant. but you were so adorable i was pretty desperate to get to know you. you were an adorable fluff and you still are "

"we got along really well and i really enjoyed being with you. many things happened and i finally noticed my feelings for you, confessing to you afterwards"

  "when we got together, i was on cloud nine. i was ready to give you everything you wanted, cuddle with you for the whole day and just pepper you with kisses"

  "things went awry and i apologise again. i was a fool and selfish. i ought to change after what happened and i thank you for giving me that second chance. i did everything on a whim and i didnt actually expect us to get together, let along get close again"

  "getting back together, i made a promise to myself, to you too, that i would be a better boyfriend. someone that you could rely on and vise-versa, someone who wouldnt make you cry and someone who would take care of you"