Chapter 8

I was startled by the loud banging on my front door.
It was about 3am. Syrus and Cap went on a road trip to Delaware so I know it wasn't them. I grabbed my hand gun and look through the peep hole.

"Paris?" I said in shock, I open the door.

"Paris? What the hell." I yelled
His eyes were red and he had a half empty liquor bottle in his hand.

"Skylar." He smiled at me.
"Paris, you're drunk." I said to him hiding my gun in the drawer.

"No. I'm not." He stumbled into my apartment. And plop on to my couch.

"Paris why are you here. I've never seen you like this before." I was really concerned.

"Ummmmmm...... I. Broke up with Natalie." He said laughing and drinking from the bottle.

"What? Why?" I asked
Yes! He's seen the light.

"Because I saw the signs, but uh one sign in particular shook me." He held the bottle to his head.
"I caught her in bed with another man."

"Oh my gosh." I heart truly broke for him. "I'm so sorry."
I sat next to him and held his hand.

He looked at me with his blood shot eyes forming tears.

"I didn't know who else to turn to." He whispered.
He looked at me the same way he did at the park.

"It's okay. I'm here for you." I rubbed his back.
"Now this is not the way to go Paris." I grabbed the liquor from him.

"I don't want to feel this pain." He squirm.

"You're going to have to feel it in order to heal." I said to him.

"Would you have cheated on me." He asked
"Oh Gosh no." I answered quickly "I mean wouldn't do it in general."

"Yeah. I know you wouldn't. you're a really beautiful woman. Any guy would be lucky to call you a wife one day." Then he passed out.

I took his shoes off, grabbed a bottle of water with aspirin and put it on the coffee table. I lay him down on the couch and put a blanket over him.

"You're right. A guy would be lucky." I kissed his head then went back to my room.
------------

Cuddling my pillow and moving to the cooler side of my bed, enjoy the feeling I spread my limbs.

"Good morning." Paris startled me.

"Damn. You just keep doing that." I said hold my chest.

"Sorry." He mumbled. "I just wanted to tell you Thanks for everything."

"Aww. It's no Biggy. How are you feeling?" I asked grabbing my robe.

"The worse hang over, but I'll be fine. I just don't want to go home." He held his head down.

"I understand you could stay here until you figure things out." I said and immediately regretted it.

"No, I don't want to put you out. I'm going to move out. That house has too much of her in it."

"Oh it's no problem."
Shut up Skylar.

"Really? Thank you."
"Yeah, my couch pulls out into a bed." I said. "It's yours until you find a place."

"I don't know what I'll do without you." He hugged me.

When he released me he looked at me. The same look, like he wants to- He was leaning in to kiss me.

"I have to get going." I got up in a panic "I have work and so do you."

After work I took Paris to go get some of his stuff to put in storage.

"You coming? She's not home yet." He asked
"No, I'll wait here." I said
I watch as Paris walked off before checking my phone.

Mr. Berkly
Where did you go?

Me:
My friend asked me for a favor.

Mr. Berkly
What friend?

Me:
Paris. I'll see you at the party.

Mr. Berkly
Okay babe. 😘

I smiled at my phone. We've been dating for a couple of weeks and he's such a sweetheart.

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE." Natalie scared the shit out of me.

"Umm. I'm just waiting on Paris to get his things." I said scrolling through my twitter.

"Ohh, so he's with you now?" She said. "You're fat ass couldn't wait until we broke up huh?"

I got out the car.

"Look I'm just doing him a favor no need to be rude." I said glaring at her

"Yeah, yeah, I've seen the way you look at him. I saw you two at my Christmas party."

"Okay. I don't know what you're talking about."

"You think he's going to fall for a slob like you?"

"Look Natalie, you fucked up, you cheated on the greatest man ever. You're fucking stupid and I bet you feel dumb. Don't you. And he was going to look pass your rotten heart and marry you. Now who's the loser?"

She glared at me. Clearly upset.

"Yeah bitch, you deserve to be alone." I seethed.

"Paris." She said walking pass me. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry It was mistake."

He ignored her and put his bags in my car.

"Baby. Please." She cried "don't leave me."

"Don't you ever speak to me again." He yelled at her as I drove off.

I watched as the tears flow from his face. I felt sorry for him.