Chapter 17

As we lay on the kitchen floor, naked staring at the light above our heads and trying to slow our breathing.
"I'm so sorry Sky, but I have to go now." Sane looked at his watch.
"What?" I said "you just got here."
"I know baby, I don't want to leave." He said as he sat up.
"I have a very important meeting" he said looking me in the eye.
I know he was telling the truth.
"ok." I sighed.
"Baby, I promise, when all this is over, I'll be here 1st thing." He assured me.
"When all of what is over?" I asked confused.
"Well." He began to speak "I have too new clients, very important, they might consider merging. If I'm successful, I'll have the largest branch in the U.S."

"Uhh, that's great Sane, congrats." I said with a smile. "You're definitely gonna win 'em over."
"Yeah, I just have to finish up some last minute presentations." He said as he make is way towards the door and I followed.

"I miss you already." I said
He turned around, held my cheeks together and kiss me.
"Till the end of the week, then I'm all yours." He whispered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a Sunday, I felt guilty about giving Sane hell last week about work. Now that I understand what he was doing.
I decided to make a lovely dinner for Sane, hopefully I can get his mind off things for a few hours.
"Hey Babe, whats up?" Sane answered.
"Can you come over for a few, I made you dinner." I said.
"Aw that is very sweet of you, however I can't right now. I'm neck deep in work that have to be done in two days." He said.
"Oh okay, rain check maybe?" I asked.
"Yes, yes." He quickly said. "I love you, I'll try to stop by later."
"Ok." I hung up.
"Well, if you can't come to dinner, dinner will come to you." I said ask I look for my glass containers to put his food in.

I got dress, and grab the food and drove to his office.
"Is Mr. Berkly upstairs." I asked the security guard at the front desk.
"No ma'am, he doesn't really come into the office on weekends." He politely said.
"He must be at home then." I said "thank you."

As I drove to Sane's house, I pray that he is there. I just want a few hours with him.
I knew the code to his gate, I entered and park my car next to his.
"Good, he's here."
I walked toward his huge from door with yellow flowers on each side of them.

With the 4 containers full of food, I rang the doorbell.
The door swung open and I stood there in surprise.
"Sky." Cap looked at me in shock.
My hands became weak, so weak I dropped the food. I slowly stepped back. 

Before I realize, I was leaping towards my car, as Capline's voices faded behind me.
I sped away.

Why isn't she in Kansas. She was lying to me. Why's is she at Sane's house.
I can't breathe, I can't breathe,
My chess, I had to stop and pull over and get out of the car.
I heard my phone ringing. I know who was calling.
My mind cluttered with images of Cap standing in the doorway, stomach slightly larger than usual.
The bright sunny day suddenly became hell.

I'm outside and I still feel like I'm suffocating. As pace back and forth along the side of the road.
Sane's car pulled up behind mines and he got out and began walking toward me.

"Stay the fuck away from me." I yelled
"Sky, please." He begged.
"PLEASE WHAT? Huh? PLEASE WHAT?" I screamed at him.

"Sky, I.." He began "let me explain."
Tears where flowing down my face before I even knew it.
"HOW COULD YOU?" My voice trembling. "Was I not good enough for you Sane? MY FUCKING BEST FRIEND?"

"I never meant for it to happen this way." He attempted to walk towards.
"STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME." I yelled in anger.

"I just found out that she was pregnant." He said.
"Oh god." I said in disbelief. He confirmed it.
"It was a mistake. Please let me try to fix this." He said

"Fuck you." I shook my head in disbelief and drove off.
I drove home packed a few things and left a note for Cap. 
"Get the fuck out." 
I drove, for hours without any destination of where I might be heading,
Then I remember our family vacation home in Georgia. Place I haven't been to since a little girl, but my parents used it often.
On the way I played songs to drown my thoughts but not even the loudest music can pause a broken heart.