Chapter 24

Skylar.
I began driving to New Jersey as soon as I got back to New York on Monday. I knew it was a couple hours away. I didn't exactly want to confront Sane about Paris unless I knew Paris was safe. Some some odd reason I wasn't afraid of him Sane. But I wasn't exactly sure he is who Paris said he is. I don't know what entirely went down to start pointing fingers.

On my way to New Jersey. Sane was all I could think about. The words he said to me after I slapped the shit out of him. I can tell he meant every word. I still love him but I can no longer trust him. Should I forgive him? Do he deserves forgiveness. I pull up the a bowling ally called Scaddles. The bowling ally was still open. It was around 11:50 pm when I got there. It wasn't really crowded and I wondered why he picked this place to meet.
"Shit." I screamed as Paris knocked on my window.
"You scared the fuck out of me." He sat in the passenger seat.
"Sorry." He smiled.
I rolled my eyes.
"Skylar, we've been friends for the longest. Thank you for hearing me out." He said.
"No problem." I said eyeing him. He was in black hood and had sun glasses in his right hand. He had bags under his eyes but that's probably because he's stressed out. He looked like he hadn't went to the barbershop in weeks.

"God, you are so beautiful." He whispered to me.
"I know. I can't same the same for you though. You look rough."
He laughed. "Well Sky, it's been rough."
There was an awkward silence.

"He doesn't see what I see Skylar. You are just an amazing person. You deserve the world plus more.... I'd give it all to you." His hand rubbed my cheek and I lean into his palm. Feeling his warm hand.

"We could be together Skylar, Sane just got in the way of us. We were meant to be, he knew that. That's why he threatened me. But I'm not gonna hide anymore."

"What are you gonna do?" I asked him.
"I need your help, sending him to prison."
To prison, I don't want Sane to go to prison but he is not exactly a good guy based of what Paris is telling me.

"You want me to get him to confess? He..."
"No, I need your help getting him to confess. I just need you to get me in the same room as him."
"Like a set up?"
"Yes, I have a cop friend he'll be hiding while I try and get a confession out of him. Ask him to meet you at this warehouse to help you move some stuff."
He hands me a piece of paper with an address on it.

"I don't even talk to him." I said.
"Can you lure him, for me? I'm tired of watching my back Sky, he needs to pay for what he did. As much as you want to believe that he's a good guy, he's not, he's done terrible things and he'll continue to do them. " He held my chin.
"Then you'll never see him again."

"I don't know Paris, maybe we can talk to him."
"I know your still in love with him, but it's only justice, it's only right, he had Tommy killed remember." He looked around the parking lot a bit paranoid.

What if I wasn't in love with him. He did a horrible thing to Paris and Tommy.
"Okay." The words escape my lips.
"Okay? Okay." He smiled at me. "Sky you are not going to regret this."
Kissed my cheek. But He was so close to me that I felt his slow steady breath blowing against my lips. He puts my hair behind my ear and I kissed him aggressively. He kiss me back with the same energy. Wanting him to fill the lustful hole.
My hands were rubbing all over his hard body.
"Wait." He said. "There's nothing I want more in this world right now, but I don't want to take advantage of you, you are still hurting and I don't want to be a rebound."

"Oh." I sat back disappointed and a little embarrassed. "It's okay."
"Do you think you can get him at the location by the end of the week?" He asked
"Yeah, I think so." I said.
"Great, Thanks again Sky." He gave me a kiss and exit my car.

"Here, before I forget, this have all the proof." He hands me a flash drive.
"Why don't you give it to the cops?"I asked confused
"He's a powerful guy Sky, he has friends all over." He said then close my door.

I took my laptop from my purse and plug it in. A file mark Sane popped up and I click on it. Tears began to form in my eyes as I read messages he had sent to his men about Paris, and about executing Tommy. Pictures of Tommy meeting with Paris and Tommy's bloody unconscious body after with a symbol carved in his forehead.
Sane being partners with mob bosses in order to get weed and coke for him and his friends. And contracts that says he'll pay them to be his body guards. A head shot of a ball white guy with a tattoo on his temple. Then a picture with Sane shaking his hand outside of a restaurant. But what really convince me was the tattoo that was on the mob guy's was the same one carved into Tommy's forehead like a symbol.

What are you going to do Skylar. I love him, it doesn't mean he get to break the law just because he wants to. He's dangerous.
I texted Sane.

Me.
Hey, can you help me move something from the warehouse on Friday?
Sane.
Yes, of course.
Me.
Great, 098 Betret lane NY thank you.
Sane
Alright See you then.

I don't know if I want to do this. I really like Paris but Sane is the love of my life. this is hard for me but it's the only way.
Maybe you should hear Sane sides and convince him. What if he send his men after Paris as soon as I bring it up. It's too risky.