Chapter 19

It has been my 2nd day in this town and everyone has been so welcoming.

"How long will you be staying?" Brenda said as we walk through a small market.
"Til' Friday." I said.
I have not let myself cry, since I came here.

The people who I trusted to be there for me. Who would of thought.

"A boy?" Brenda ask. She must have seen my face.
"Huh?" I said.
"Oh hun, it's no secret, it's written all over you." Brenda said.
"What's written?" I asked,
"Someone broke your love bone into, tiny, little pieces." She said. She looked at me. "I don't know you very well love, but I can tell."

"Did you really have to say "tiny, little pieces." I asked her
I noticed that she overly describe things no matter the situation.

I walked away from her. Not because I'm mad, I'm. Not mad, I'm not anything anymore. Just me.
"I'm sorry if I offended you and the pieces of your heart." She ran after me.

"No, no, no." I laugh "that's not it. I've notice something late about you too"
"Really, like what?"
"You don't have any friends, in this town do you." I said.
She spun around and looked me in the eye.
"I'm not getting at anything, if that's what you were wondering."

We left the market and began to walk back to town.
"Remember, my husband I told you about, Sweet Kenny?" She began. "Well, He wasn't exactly mines in the 1st place."

"So you were a mistress," I said.
"No, I didn't know he was married." She sadly.

"As soon as I found out I broke it off, but he told his wife about us and the whole town been at my neck ever since."
"So how'd you too ended up being married?" I said.

"After He broke it off with his wife, I just couldn't be with him, so a some years had gone by and we both were single. I realize that I still loved him."

"So the whole town thinks you stole Kenny from" I began
"Megan." She finished.
"I might have stole his heart, but I gave it back."

"Damn, So they really still caught up about that? That bullshit. You too are meant for each other base on the way you be describing Sweet Kennnyyyy."

"I know right, it's all Megan's doing, she won't let them forget and anyone dared to be friends with me... well."

"Well, I don't play that shit." We both laugh.
"So who's the heartbreaker, heartbreakee?" She ask.

I never spoke of it out loud.
"My Boss." I sighed "well ex boss, ex boyfriend."
"Ou, juicy." She smiled.

"Well, I fell in love with him and turns out he's little piece of shit." I said. "he had sex with someone else and got them pregnant." The words that escape my lips echoed in my head.

"You know what the best part is Brenda? She was my best friend, my one and only friend." I said as tear began to build up.

"Ou hunny, I'm so sorry." Brenda said.
I pulled up to Brenda's house. And I sat in the car and cried on her shoulder.
I held my head up to see her crying as well.

"Brenda why are you crying?" I asked as I try to get it together.
"I don't know! You were crying and it made me really sad." She sad.
We both laugh-cry

"Thank you." I said as I pull away from her.
"For everything."
"You know, I'll never do that to my friends. I can't imagine. You are so wonderful." She smiled at me.

We walked until we stopped at the diner.
"Well, I gotta go bust some tables."
"Okay, have fun." I laugh as she rolled her eyes.

I watched as she walked into the diner before I continued on my journey. To the cliff. As the days go by I began to feel much better. Meeting new people and spending time with people that were once strangers.
"Well Guys." I said to Brenda and her Husband.
"I'm off... thank you again for everything."

"Oh hush your mouth and give me a hug. Make sure you call okay?" She smiled.
She seemed genuinely happy for me but still a little saddened that I'm leaving.

"Don't let them back stabbing fleas get on your nerves. You tell them to go to hell." She said frowning
"I'm gonna miss you."
I got in my car and began my long journey home.

I drove for 10 hours before I was back home.
I went into my apartment and realized it looked emptier. Only my things was there. Cap was gone. Good!
I close the door behind and turn my voicemail on while a rearrange my things to make me feel more at home. Most Where messages from Sane and my mother few where from Cap saying she want to talk. But I don't want to here what she has to say. She left her keys on the coffee table next to my note.
Fuck that back stabbing bitch.

As I listen to the voicemails I stopped as I heard a familiar voice.
Sky, I'm okay, I couldn't stay away any longer. Please meet me Thur at 12 at the Border. Beep* his voice said eagerly.

I believe I've been standing in the same spot, in disbelief for 10 minutes.
"Paris?" I whispered to myself.
It's Thursday! A small voice inside my head said.
"It's Thursday? It's Thursday. It's Thursday!" I checked my phone. It was 10:15 pm and the drive to Border was 2 hours away.

Without even thinking I was on my way.
Paris is okay?