Chapter 11

"Wow, you're apartment looks better than mines." I said looking around his black and white themed apartment.

"Yeah?" He said behind me. He was so close that I could feel him breathing on my neck.

"Yeah, its really nice." My voice quivers.
"I'm glad you like it." He whispered into my ear.

I slowly turned around. He's brown eyes seem like they were looking right through me.

"Paris, I -" he placed his finger on my lips.
"I know you are here because you and Mr. Ass hole got into it."

I looked at him.
"But he doesn't deserve you Skylar, you are too good for him." He said in a soft voice.
"You deserve someone that's going to treat you right."

My heart beats faster and faster as he got closer to me.

"A person that's knows who you truly are."
He moved my hair from my face.
"A person that will give you the title of being his queen."

He softly pressed his lips against mines while covering my cheeks with his hand. I kissed him back gently until I pulled away.
I stared into his eyes and he smiled at me.

"Why?" I asked him.
"You know for the smartest girl I know you are the dumbest." He laughed "I like you, I been liked you. I really really like you Skylar."

I had the widest smile on my face before kissing him.
__________

"You're leaving?" Sane gasped.
"Yes sir." I said "it was a pleasure working for you."
"Sky step into my office and close the door."
I did as told.

"Is this because of what happened between us?" He asked.
"No." I rolled my eyes. "I need a new start."
"Sky, be honest with me." He said.

"Yes. I don't want to work for you anymore." I said.
I could tell those words stung him.

"Why? You're going let our personal life get in the way of our business relationship."

"First of all, I wasn't the one who called for an assistant's help one night. That's when you made shit personal."

"You can't fucking leave because of that." He snickered
"You think this shit is fucking easy Sane." I started to get upset. "Seeing you every damn day and pretending like you didn't hurt me?"

"Hurt you?" He said "I just don't want-"

"Fuck you, I don't care what you do or do not want." I screamed at him. "You were never a good person."

He stared at me confused.
"Let's just be friends and work this out Sky." He got up and stepped towards me but I stepped back.

"Be friends? I don't want to be your friend ,your girlfriend or your stupid assistant I don't even want to be in love with you but I guess we all don't get what we want." I blurted out.

I immediately regret saying that.

"In love with me?" He whispered clearly shocked by my words.
"Goodbye Sane." I turned around wiping the tears from my face.

________

It's been a month since I stopped working for Sane. I'm not completely over him but everyday is progress.

"So you're telling me." Cap began. "That you and Paris just been chilling..... with clothes on?"

"Yes, I like him and he likes me, we both just got our hearts torn to pieces so might as well heal together." I took a sip of my tea.

"Whats the point in that?" Cap said

"Well, we are not trying to be each other's rebound. So we are taking it slow." I said

"Oh." She said raising her brows. "Dream come through."
"I feel like he's the one but our timing is so off." I mumbled

In between jobs I spent my time doing interviews and with Paris.

"Well I'm off." I jumped up realizing that Paris should be home from work.

I went up the his apartment and his door was slightly open.

"Paris? It's me, Sky." I pushed the door open.

"Oh my." I gasped at the sight. He apartment was ransacked
"Paris, where are you?" I started to panic when I saw blood trail on the floor.

I took my phone out to call the cops and everything went dark.