Chapter 28

Sane
I woke up to the sound of barfing coming from my bathroom. I slowly sat up in bed as I'm fully aware of my wound. It was as bleeding through the dressing and it was time for another dosage of pain killers.

She stumbled out the bathroom groaning. Holding her stomach she resting her head on the door frame.
"Good morning." I smiled at her.
"I feel like shit." She groans and hopped to her book bag and sat on the ottoman.
"I bet, you had a lot to drink." I chuckled.
She rolled her eyes at me then place her pain killers on the night stand then hopped to my closet.
"I miss taking a shower." She yelled from my closet. "This stupid ass cast on my leg is so annoying."

She hopped out with two of my shorts and T-shirt and threw one pair to my face.

"Well, you shouldn't have try to kill me." I yelled as she returned to the closet.
She returned from the closet with a hanger she bent out of shaped.
"Trust me. If I wanted you dead. You'd be dead." She sent deadly glare my way sending chills down my spine.
She sat in on the ottoman and push the wire that was once an hanger down her cast.
"Ohhhhhhhhh myyyyy gooooosshhhhhhh." She groan as she scratch her hard to reach itch.
"This feels better than sex, I swear." She moans her eyes rolled back into her head.
I can't help but get a little turned on by the sight and sound of her having itch sex.
"I know the feeling." I chuckled and groaned at the pain that became obvious.

"Where's your pain meds." She said noticing my discomfort.
"In the bathroom." I said.
She hopped to the bathroom and I heard the water running.
"What are you doing?" I asked as she positioned my wheelchair.
"Sponge bath." She smiled.
"Sky-
"Shut up Sane it's the least that I can do. It's my fault. So let me make you feel better."
She helped me into the wheelchair and undressed me.
She slowly and carefully rubbed my skin with a soft wet sponge. She was extra careful with my wound. I watch her. Admiring her. Everything about her. She dried me with a towel and help me get dress. She dress my wound and help me return to my bed.
She stripped in front of me and I almost forgot how perfect her temple was.
"You planning your revenge on me?" She said snapping me back to reality
"I Uh. Just miss you that's all."
She smiled at me, returning to the bathroom. Moments later she return with damp curly hair and glowing face.
"It's amazing what a sponge bath can do for a girl." I joked.
"A ke ke ke." She mocked then left the room.
I fell asleep for a brief moment.
"Wake up." She's whispered. "Here you need to eat something so you can take your meds."
I opened my eyes and was met with her bright brown orbs. Even with a hangover she looked so beautiful.
She was holding a tray with a plate of eggs, toast and three strips of bacon with fruits, orange juice and a bottle of water on the side.
She sat the Tray my lap and hand me my painkillers.
"You didn't poison this now did you." I joked.
"Try It and you'll find out." She said mischievously
I squint my eyes and proudly took a bite.

We sat and ate in bed together making small talk.!
"I meant what I said to you last night." She said.
"About what?"
"Forgiving you. Still loving you." She said softly.
"I meant what I said too. Every word." I said.
"So, now what?" She looked at curiously
"I was hoping we can try again, to be together." I said shyly.
"Okay, Yeah. When we're both not crippled anymore." She said.
I wasn't sure she'd agree. After what happened between us. I thought she'd want to just be friends. I wouldn't be fine with it but if that's what she would've wanted I'd respect it.
"Where's er. Capline." She asked.
"She went to Florida to stay with her family I suppose." I said.
"Oh, why'd you let her go?" She asked with her mouth full.
"What do you mean, when I came back from the hospital, she was gone." I told her.
"Well, I know her and she ain't buddy buddy with her mother, therefore the only reason she'd leave is because she must have felt unwelcome." She said matter of factly.

"Oh, I may not have been the best with her. I don't know her like that." I said.
"Well, She is pregnant.... with your baby Sane." She pointed out.
I didn't want her to know that I wanted Cap to have an abortion or that I didn't want anything to do with the child.

"Yeah. I know that but-
"I know you, you probably told her to have an abortion or something. But you've got to realize it was your doing. You ain't gotta be playing husband and wife with Capline but at least check in to make sure everything with the baby is fine." Skylar said.

"I don't know the first thing about babies. or about being a dad. What if I can't raise it or it turns out to hate me, what if I fail it? Then what." I said panicky

"Sane fucking Berkeley. It's your baby, it'll love you as long as you love it back. It's that simple. You be there for that baby and everything else will fall in place. I know your scared but you'll be just fine." She held my hand and smiled at me "I promise."
Her words were so comforting. To me, of course I'm scared of being a father. It wasn't supposed to be like this.
"None of this was to happen." I said to her.
"Sane, I believe everything happens for a reason. I know it's not what you or me imagine but you'll get beautiful bundle of joy out of it." She hands me my cell.
"You're right. Skylar, thank you for everything." I really wanted to kiss her but held back fearing it might be too soon.

"Yeah yeah. Just call her." She insisted.

Hey Cap. It's Sane.
"Hey how you feeling?" She sounded annoyed
"I'm doing good, what about you?" I asked.
"I'm good."
"How's uh, the baby?"
There was pause before she answered
"It's good, I just went in to do an ultrasound, steady heart beat and all it's healthy." Her tone got brighter.
"Oh that's uh good. Well..... I was wonder if I can tag along for the next check up?" I asked her
"Yeah, sure, it is your child also." She chuckled
"Right. Well text me the date and I'll be there. " I said and ended the conversation.

"See? That wasn't so bad now was it." She cooed.
"No, it wasn't. But are you ever going to speak to Capline again?" I asked
"Yeah, I just don't know what to say. I mean my best friend is carrying, the love of my life's child."
When she puts it like that it stung and I can tell she is not yet comfortable with it.
"Maybe you can come along for the next check up. That way . Y'all can hatch things out or not. I don't know." I suggested.

"I don't know if that's a good idea." She hesitated
"Sure it is. If we get back together you are going to see a lot more of Capline better now. Than later. I guess." I watched as she thought about it.
"Okay. But I'm not getting involved into your family business, just to talk to Cap that's it."
"Okay, no problem." I smiled

I didn't want Skylar doing anything that she'll feel uncomfortable doing. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable around me at all, if I'm going to be the father to the baby then, I'll need her support.