Chapter 20

I drove for 2 hours straight to Border without even stopping. Looking at my dashboard I realize that I have 3 hours worth of power left in my car.

"Fuck man. Like what the fuck is really going on." I yelled in frustration.
About 15 minutes later I pulled up to Border.
Border was a low key popular spot for the best Jamaican fried fish and roll. In Jamaica these rolls are called festivals.
Not realizing how late it is. Border was of course closed for the night.
"God damn it." I rolled my eyes and park my car in the parking space adjacent to the Border. Since it was a day time bar the owners would let people leave their cars in the lot over night and collect it the next day.
I power off my car. Checked my phone.
Nothing.
12:15 am. What if it's a set up.
"It's not, you heard him over the voicemail, that was his voice." I said to the little voice in my head.
Well bitch, whoever it is ain't coming.
I sat and I waited. I listen as my thoughts ate me alive.
"Fuck this." I started my car.
And I looked back. And there he was. Standing behind my car. Freakishly handsome. I felt my heart pounding my chest. I got out the car. Looking straight at him. His bright hazel eyes. His chiseled cheek bones. His hair remained the same but instead of a full beard it was cut short.
"Paris?" My voice cracked.
"Sky." His voice was soft. He held his arms out and I jumped into them wrapping my legs around his hip and planting my face into his shoulder. I cried as a gripped him.
"I've missed you so much." He said.
"I never stopped looking for you." I sobbed.
"I know. Sky. I need to talk to you." His hands brushed my hair from my face as he puts me down.
He walked to the passenger side and I walked to the drivers seat. We sat in the car, it was dark but the street light made it dim.
"Wh-what happened to you?" My voice cracked as I cleared my throat.
"I had to leave town." With his head down.
"Why? Is someone after you?"
"Yes, it was hard for me to get away, because he has people watching me Sky." He looked to scan the area and I did the same.
"Who Paris?"
I heard him swallow.
"Your Boss."
"My  Boss? Sane?" I said in shock "He wouldn't do that."
"Yes, He would Sky." He voice became stern. "Listen to me. He is very dangerous Sky."
"What are you talking about, what happened between you two?"
"Y-you happened Skylar." He rubbed my cheek.
"Sane wanted me out of the of the picture." He said softly.

"So you stayed away from me for and entire year?"
"I had to, it was the hardest thing I had to do." He said. 
"Sane hired some guys to kidnap me. They took me to abundant warehouse,  that's when he showed up and told me he was in love with you and that he's been watching us and he want me out of the picture. He told me if I didn't leave... he'll hurt me my mother and sister. He had pictures of them. Like he was stalking them." 

"Oh. My." I started to hyperventilate.

You fell for a psychopath.

"Sky, calm down, it's okay." He rubbed my back.
"It's not fucking okay Paris. What he did to you...... to me. It's not okay."

He clenched his jaw. "The fuck did he do to you? Did he hit you? That's son of a bitch." Paris yelled.
"No he didn't hit me. But he did hurt me." I reassured him.
I've learned how to defend myself from my mom, and my former drug lord dad. If he laid a finger on me he would be dead.

"He cheated on me with Cap and now their set to have a beautiful baby." My sarcasm never failed me.
"Damn. Are you okay." He ask taking my hand.
"I am now." I smiled at him. "I've missed you."

"I know you've been trying to find me." Paris lowered his head
"How?"
"Because......Tommy told me."
"Tommy." I whispered.
"Yes. He managed to find me. And told me that you wanted him to keep looking and you never gave up."

"Tommy was murdered." I said to myself.
"It was my fault. I told him too much. I just wanted him to tell you to be careful, but I guess Sane was watching him too. He was supposed to meet me somewhere but he never made it."

"It's not your fault." I reassured him.
"I just wanted to see you, and let you know." He held my cheek "I never stopped thinking about you Sky. You kept me safe. Your voice."

"You got my messages?"
"Yes, I manage to keep the same number I had. After he took everything."
"Wow. So all this time I've been dating a deranged son-of-a-bitch?"
He lied to me, betrayed me, used me. He's a dead man.
I started my car.
"Wait. I can't come with you." Paris said.
"What? Why not?"
"Because my family's life depends on it." He said.
"I just had to see you, but I had to do it under the radar. Skylar..." he pressed his lip gently on mines.

"I have to go. I'll call you." He got out and walked into the bushes that had a railway behind them.
In shock at the information I just got. I drove home in rage.
"Mother Fucker wanna play me. Imma give that bitch somebody to play with." I whispered angrily.