Chapter 3: Friend or Enemy?

Stumbling down the empty hallway in pain, I finally reached in front my class. I reached for the handle and turned it only to receive a bunch of stares and some gasp. I looked at Ms. Smithy who looked at me but then turned away, continuing to write something on the board. Ms. Smithy was like the rest of them. They didn't care and I gave no craps even if she did. This was basically how the whole town was and I've learned to just defend myself and Ethan.

I held my side as I walked to the back of the classroom. I sucked in a sharp breath as I sat down since the pain flowed through my body. I laid back in my chair and pulled out my phone before texting Ethan.  

Me: If you feel uncomfortable or feel like something might happen, text or call me

A few seconds later, he replied.

Ethan: Will do. You okay?

Me: Yes. See you at lunch

Ethan: See you

I locked my phone and placed it on my desk. I looked over to see Kaiden was full on staring at me. I couldn't quite read his face since he was wearing those dark shades.

"What happened?" he asked in a worried tone.

"Nothing but I suggest you stop talking to me unless you want to end up like this," I stated as I turned my attention back to the board.

He didn't say anything after that. The rest of the period went by slow and painful, literally with me in pain. The bell soon enough rang and I reached down to grab my bag only to clutch my side in pain. A hand soon reach down and picked up my bag before passing it to me.

I looked up to see it was Kaiden again. I let out a sigh and took my bag from his hand. I heard some whispering and I turned to see some students looking at us. "Mind your business," I growled causing them to turn around and pack up their stuff.

I turned back to Kaiden, "Look, I appreciate your concern but this whole school let alone this whole town has something against me. So unless you want to be labelled "freak" I suggest you stay away," I briefly stated. Before he could process what I was saying, I turned on my heels and walked out the door.

I made my way to my next class which was Economics. Whispers spread through the hall and I knew it was about what went on in the bathroom since Ashley loves to spread her drama everywhere. She even told everyone she single handedly took me down by herself which is obviously bullshit. I looked at the end of the hallway to see Ashley and he asswipes next too Cain. Cain wrapped his arms around her and she sent a smirk my way. I let out a growl and turned the corner making my way to my next class. 

I walked in my Economic class and made my way to the back. This class was a breeze. Since we took our finals early, we would just do whatever we want or just watch movies which I was okay with. I settled in the back as always and laid my head on the desk. Closing my eyes, I let out a sigh. Part of me was in anger and pain. The other part of me just wanted to cry out of frustration.

The seat next to me made a sound and I looked up to see it was Kaiden.

"Looks like we got the same classes," he smiled showing me his schedule. I looked at him to see we had every class together excepting the one before lunch which was history.

"You shouldn't be next to me," I huffed as I placed my head back down on the desk.

"I don't care what this school or town has against you. I'm just hoping to make a friend today," he chirped causing me to look back up at him.

Is he really serious?

I looked at him to see he looked serious. I shook my head, "Well, just remember I warned you," I stated. He nodded his head and gave a smile before sticking out his hand towards me.