Chapter 28: Stuck Beyond Help

Letting out a tired yawn, I grabbed the bag of food from the passenger seat before stepping out the car and locking it. I stumbled my way across the parking lot as the coffee was no where close to keeping me up. I walked into the hospital and up a floor before trailing back to Ethan's room. As I walked in, I saw Kai sitting on the three seated bench that was against a wall next to Ethan's bed. They were both chatting but stopped once they saw me.

"About time!" Ethan shrieked causing me to roll my eyes. I passed the each there food to which they thanked me. "Where's Hazel?" I asked as I pulled out his fruit cup and water.

Kai reached towards a drawer and slowly pulled it open revealing Hazel who was fast asleep on a box of tissues. I shook my head and set his food up next to him.

"Hazel," I called in a soft tone. He stirred awake and let out a yawn before looking at me. "Eat up," I smiled at him before gesturing to the food that was next to him. He thanked me before slowly eating up his fruits.

I grabbed my food and sat on the bench next to Kai. I slowly ate my food but stopped midway as I felt no longer hungry.

"What's wrong?" Kai's voice came out soft and concerned. I shook my head and gave him a small smile, "Nothing. I'm just not that hungry," I admitted.

A nurse then walked in causing Hazel to run deeper into the drawer to hide since the drawer was half open. "Sorry to intrude but I'm just here to check his temperature," she smiled before walking over to Ethan and sticking the thermometer in his mouth. Ethan let out a sigh as the nurse had interrupted him from eating his food.

The machine beeped a few seconds later indicating it was done with the measurement. The nurse took it out Ethan's mouth and threw away the plastic part before jotting down his temperature on the clip board.

"Do you know when we'll be able to leave?" I asked.

She shook her head, "Sorry I don't but according to what I know, he needs to see the specialist which wouldn't be here by next week. When that's over with, I'm pretty sure he can be checked out depending on the results," she informed us. I thanked her before she left.

Hazel then came back out from hiding and started to eat his fruits again. "So, how am I going to get out of here?" Ethan asked.

"Beat me. You're the smart on here," I teased. "Haha, very funny," Ethan commented.

I gave him a small smile, "Look, we'll stay the night here and by tomorrow, I'll come up with something."

Ethan and Kai both agreed. They eat finished their food and Ethan tucked himself under his covers as he was now cold again. I watched as he slowly drifted off to sleep and Hazel did the same as well.

"You can lay down if you want. I don't mind," Kai whispered making sure not to wake up Ethan. I shook my head, "You can-"

"Freya, you've barely had any sleep these couple of days and your face is written with tiredness. Not to mention, your eyes are red," he cut me off.

I let out a sigh. I really was tired but I wanted to keep an eye on Ethan.

"He will be fine," Kai reassured me as he saw me looking over to Ethan.

I slowly nodded and laid down with my head on Kai's lap using it as a pillow. He placed his hand over me to keep me stable. I looked up and saw his head was laid back against the bench and his eyes were closed under his shades. I let out another yawn before finally drifting off to sleep.

"Freya," a fimilar voice called.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Victor in a black tux smiling down at me. I looked around to see I was in some fancy living room laying down on a couch. Looking around, I saw Kai, Ethan nor Hazel was in sight. I quickly sat up and looked over to Victor who just gave me a curious look.