Chapter 4: Something Bad to Come.

Freya's POV

I watched as the rain had settled down so it was now drizzling. Getting up from my seat, I decided to just walk around a bit to get my anger out. I pulled my hoodie over my head and started walking around the field lost in my own thoughts.

Ethan doesn't belong in this tone. I can't protect him and I'm failing at being his sister. I tried my best to protect him and provide for him but I couldn't help but feel as if it was not enough.

Shoving my hands in my pocket, I paced angrily around the field. Kai beating up Cain was just the beginning of things. There's more people out there who are out to get us.

Cain was also not the only on in school who hates us enough to bully us. There's so many others who are on the list but just have stayed silent and I know for sure, since Cain is down, they will now come for us. There's also our neighbors who hate us but don't act out...for now. There is also people in the town itself who just shows up at the restaurant just to provoke my brother and I. Shit, now Kai's involved. I warned him so many times so whatever happens to him is now his fault. I let out a growled and lightning and thunder rolled. It was now raining heavy again.

Ignoring the rain that was now heavily pouring on me, my phone vibrated so I pulled it out to see it was a message and an email. I opened the message and saw that it was from one of the coworkers who called in sick which meant Ethan and I would have to stay until 12. I let out another growled and thunder rolled.

Opening the email, I read it and saw that my art class was cancelled today since it was raining and the lesson was for outside. Part of me was disappointed because Art class is really peaceful and it's the only class I truly enjoy. I looked at the time on the top of my phone and saw that the bell was going to ring in five minutes.

Turning on my heels, I walked back over to the stand where Ethan and Kai were sitting down and talking. Walking up, I sat down in the section that was in front them so I was lower. Ethan gave me a worried look and Kai was just laying back with his shades still on.

"Good news and bad news," I stated towards Ethan. His eyebrow rose, "Bad news first," he slowly replied.

"Worker called in sick so we have to stay in work till 12," I hissed. He let out a groan, "Good news?" he asked.

I looked at Kai then at Ethan again, "Well, it's for all of us. Art class is cancelled so we can go home," I stated. Ethan let out a sigh and nodded his head, "Well I guess the rain isn't going anywhere soon so we should get going," Ethan spoke with a bit disappointment as he reached for his bag and pulled out his raincoat.

I nodded my head and stood up getting ready to walk through the rain to get home. "Hey, I could drop you guys home," Kai's voice came behind me. I turned to see him smiling. It was a nice offer and all but I barely knew him. I shook my head and opened my mouth to say something but was cut off by Ethan, "That would be great," he chirped in excitement causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

"Um no. We're good. We don't need a ride," I glared at Ethan before turning to look at Kai with a small smile who looked a bit disappointment.

"Come on. It's raining heavy and you guys could get sick," he debated. I shook my head again. "Awe come on sis. You don't want me to get sick now would you?" Ethan spoke in a playful tone. My jaw dropped at how he was currently blackmailing me.

Kai chuckled and I rolled my eyes, "Fine but only because it's raining and I don't want you to get sick," I spoke in a stern tone. Ethan grinned and tackled me with a hug causing me to groan in pain a little.

"Sorry," he quickly apologized as he pulled away. I pulled him back in and hugged him, "It's okay," I mumbled. We hugged for a while and then released each other.