Chapter 16: Saved By The 'Monster' Himself

"So?" Ethan asked as he sat by my desk. My eyes shifted from him then to Kai who was leaning against my door frame with his arms folded across his chest.

Looking around the room, I saw my phone was on the dresser. Walking over, and turning it on, I saw a few miss calls from Ethan and Kai along with some messages. I then saw it was almost 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

"Freya!" Ethan called my name causing me to look at him. "Yes," I answered.

"What happened?" he asked.

I opened my mouth to explain but didn't really know how. Ethan wanted to know what happened yesterday but I didn't if it was possible to even tell him without scaring him. Besides, Kai was here and as much as he's done, I still don't know him well enough to trust him.

I ended up shrugging as a response.

"Okay, well I have to go. There's a party going on tonight so I'll pick you guys up at 10," Kai stated.

"No!" Ethan and I simultaneously replied.

Kai's eyebrow rose at our response. "We don't go to parties. It's not our thing," Ethan explained. Kai shook his head, "You guys are going. It will be fun but I seriously have to go so see you tonight," he spoke before leaving my room.

Ethan and I looked at each other before shrugging.

"Can you tell me what happened n-"

I held my finger up to my lips indicating for him to hush. He quiet down and I listened. After a few seconds the door slammed followed by a car starting and speeding off.

"Right. So yesterday, when I went to find Hazel, I ran into some guys who had Victor surrounded. They all had guns and everything. This was behind the school by the way. Anyways, I found Hazel and I saw his leg was almost detached. I healed him and he's all good. I went to leave but was intrigued as to why these guys had Victor surrounded," I started to explain.

"They were able to capture Victor?" Ethan questioned.

I shook my head, "You see, that's what I thought at first but then I realized that he always have a backup plan. Unfortunately, when I was about to leave, a guy found me and had a gun on me. He turned me over to the guys who had 'captured' Victor. The leader of the group asked Victor if he knew me and Victor said no. Little did I know, Victor was trying to save me. Turns out, the guy knew who I was."

"He was going to execute Victor and I but one of Victor's guy sniped him. Hell broke loose and Victor protected me. I think I killed a guy too," I recalled from last night.

"You what?!" Ethan shrieked.

I rubbed my temples. "It's not like I had a choice. He was going to shot me," I mumbled. Ethan quickly got up and wrapped me in a hug which I returned.

"You do anything to survive," he mumbled into my hair.

We spent the next minute hugging and I couldn't help but smile. We then eventually pulled away and headed down to the kitchen to eat something.

"You can talk to shark?!" Ethan spoke in excitement as he at his turkey sandwich. I let out a laugh and nodded my head. "Pretty cool, right?" I asked before taking a bit of my turkey sandwich as well.

He nodded his head, "Can I ask you a serious question?" he asked.

My eyebrow rose, "Sure you can."

He stay silent for a few, "Do you think Victor can change?"

I slowly shrugged, "I don't know. I like to think that he can but other times he seems impossible," I admitted as I drank some of my soda. "I think he can but only with you. I've observed his behavior and you're the key to fixing his behavior. I see the way he looks at you. Freya, he's in love with you," he stated.