Chapter 12: Sweet and Innocent

(Pic of Victor above.)

As Art class went on, I just laid in the grass staring at the cloudy sky with my legs still wrapped around Victor's waist. Something then quickly flew across my face and then landed on my hand which was resting on my stomach. Lifting my hand up in the air, I saw it was a butterfly. Not any butterfly but Flutter.

She greeted me and I mouthed a 'hello' to her. I smiled as she started to crawl around my fingers and I giggled at how ticklish it felt. Within a swift move, Victor turned around and I let out a squeal as he pulled me up from the grass. I looked up to see him with a smirk on his face as he looked down. I followed his eyes and saw he was smirking at how close we were and my legs were still wrapped around him.

I rolled my eyes and looked down to see Flutter was still crawling around my hand. I looked back up to see Victor was looking down at my hand and his features seemed to softened a bit.

"Give me your hand," I softly spoke as I stuck out my hand for his. He's eyes landed on mine and he shook his head, "I'm good," he spoke clearly mocking me when I told him that earlier.

I let out a sigh, "Come on," I whined causing him to chuckle a bit as he finally passed me his hand.

I gently turned his hand over so his palms were open. "If you harm her, I will punch you in the dick," I mumbled. "I think you would enjoy it better if you str-"

"Don't even go there," I cut him off before I had to gag. Flutter looked at me and I gave her a small nod before she crawled over to Victor's hand.

I looked up at Victor who was just looked at his hand in amazement. He looked like a little kid who had just held a butterfly for the first time. He honestly looked adorable.

A smile rose to his face as Flutter was walked around in his palms. "Is it your first time holding a butterfly?" I asked. He looked up at me with the same smile, "Is it that obvious?" he asked and I smiled back before nodding.

He then looked back down and so did I and we watched as Flutter kept crawling around his hand. "You said it was a 'she'. How do you know?" he asked.

I shrugged, "Instinct I guess," I lied. He hummed in response and continued to watch Flutter in astonishment. 

It's somewhat sad to see Victor like this. It looks like he didn't even live his childhood properly. I mean, when his father was alive, he was a business man. Barely had enough time for his wife nor Victor himself. It must have been hard for him to not have his father around a lot.

I placed my hand on the grass and let out a soft exhale as I watched Victor played with Flutter. Focusing my powers, the wind started to blow lightly and I sent out a wave of signals.

Within seconds, butterflies were flying around us and I watched as Victor's mouth dropped in shock and looked amazed all at once. Talk about a tough guy turning so soft in the matter of seconds just by a butterfly.

Some of the butterflies landed on his hair and I pulled out my phone and quickly took a picture. He lifted his hand up in-between us and some of the butterflies landed on it. He then looked up and his eyes widened as he looked at my head. "How did you do that?" he asked not taking his eyes off the top of my head.

My eyebrow rose in confusion, "Did what?" I asked. He took his phone up and took a picture before passing it to me. I looked down at the picture and my eyes widened. The butterflies had shaped themselves into a crown on my head.

Scatter!

Within seconds the butterflies scattered and flew away. "That's totally weird," I replied trying to hide my nervous tone. I went to pass him his phone back but before he could reach it, I quickly pulled my hand away.