Chapter 30: Still Gone

I tried to make it into 1 chapter but it was too long so you will be getting two chapters and a sequel ;) Enjoy!

~~~~

After Victor had passed away in my arms, it started raining heavily as his guys had now arrived. I quickly told them what happened and half of them went into the woods searching for the person Victor had shot and the other half just stayed with me as the ambulance arrived and took Victor away in a body bag.

Some minutes passed by and the guys who went into the woods came back out with a monotone look. A car then pulled up to which my surprise was Leo, Kyle and Oscar who hopped out. The guys explained what happened and I watched as Leo let out a sigh before passing his hand through his hair as they were telling them something.

Whatever they told him seemed to phase Leo, Kyle and Oscar since I saw how angry they were within seconds. With all my energy, I walked over to them only for them to stop talking and give me the look of sympathy.

"Did you find the person?" I managed to find my voice.

The guys all looked at each other before Leo let out a heavy sigh but this one came out more like a disappointment sigh. "No but Victor was able to do some damage. There was a blood trail from his injury but it slowly stopped. The guy probably covered up his track," Leo mumbled as he took out his phone and started to text away.

I looked around to see the amount of car pieces was scattered across the road along with blood. "Isn't the cops suppose to be here by now?" I asked.

"No," Kyle shook his head, "We have a clean up crew. Hop in, I'll take you back to the hospital," he offered as he opened the door.

I shook my head, "I don't feel like being in a car right now," I admitted.

"I know this must be hard for you to process Freya but I'm not going to let you walk in this rain," Leo spoke in a sincere tone.

"Leo," I sighed, "I know you mean well but I'm not in the mood. I will walk back to the hospital," I spoke in a firm tone.

I watched as he glared at me before picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder before shoving me into the backseat. I punched his back but he didn't budge. Oscar and Kyle both sat on each side of me so I couldn't exit the car.

Leo then got into the driver's seat and turned the car around before heading down the road we just came from. I looked down at my lap and found myself twirling the bracelet around my hand that Victor gave me. During the ride, no words were exchanged or looks. Everyone just stayed quiet trying to gather their thoughts and emotions.

About 2 hours past by and we were now back at the hospital. Oscar stepped out of the car allowing me to get out. I quickly thank him before he got back in and shut the door. Leo then got out and made his way in front me.

"I'm sorry you got dragged -"

"It's okay. I'm sorry I couldn't save him," I sniffed trying to hold in my tears. He quickly pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me.

"Freya, you have nothing to be sorry about and there was nothing you could do. Don't ever blame yourself or even doubt yourself for a second. Victor talked about you so much and he knew he messed up. Just know he loved you so much," he whispered. I hugged him back tightly and thanked him for everything.

We then pulled away and he gave me a small smile, "Promise you'll update me on everything."

He nodded his head, "You'll be the first," he promised.

We gave each other one last smile before I turned on my heels and walked into the hospital. As I walked through the lobby, the only sound that echoed through was my soaking wet clothes being squished around as if they were filled with water.