Chapter 21: Confession Day

Ethan and I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to see mom was placing a pharmacy bag on the table and dad was getting a water out from the fridge.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?" she asked as soon as she saw Ethan. I watched as she quickly walked around the counter and placed her hand on his forehead most likely checking to see if he had a fever.

Ethan just rolled his eyes causing me to chuckle. "Mom, I'm fine. We need to talk, all of us," he spoke in a stern tone. She then removed her hand from his forehead and walked over to the sink before filling up a pot of water and placing it on the stove to boil.

"We can talk later. I need to make dinner," she mumbled.

I let out a sigh, "Please mom," I begged. Something in her seem to have broke because he shoulders sagged as she turned around with a small smile. "Sure," she spoke in a soft tone.

"We need to leave this town now. Something bad is going to happen. Victor's gang is going to go to war with two other gangs and they're going to burn this town down. We have to leave now before they come," Ethan tried to explain.

My mother and father both looked at each other as if they were hiding something.

"I think it's time," my father stated resulting in my mother nodding.

"Time for what?" I questioned.

My mother let out a sigh, "I don't expect you to forgive us but we've been holding out on you in order to protect you. Victor just told us all this over lunch and I knew we should of left this town when you were portrayed as this 'Freak' but you adapted so well to the environment," she started to cry. 

It honestly broke my heart to see her like this. I've never seen my mother cry or even show any real emotion. It honestly feelings like I'm dreaming right now.

"Adapted so well to the environment?" Ethan questioned.

She nodded her head along with my father. "Freya, we know about your powers. As a child everything you were in a certain environment, you would constantly make it rain to the point there would be a hurricane or some other natural disaster. We didn't know why so we kept moving. One we came here, a week past by and it was clear that you adapted well. We didn't interfere because every time we would, we would somehow come to some sort of conflict. I'm sorry. I thought it was best for you," my father explained.

I stood there in baffled at how this topic took such a turn.

"And Ethan my precious child, you have powers to but it will kick in a bit later. It was the same for your father," my mother informed him. I looked at Ethan who was just in shock. I couldn't help but smile. It's nice to know that he too also has powers. I then turned to look back at my parents.

"You guys have powers as well?" I asked.

My mother nodded, "Yes. Your father has power over water and I have power over heat. Not much but it's something," she chirped.

"That's still awesome! But not to get side track but back to our discussion about leaving. We have to go," Ethan informed them.

"Yes," my father agreed, "But you guys have to leave. We have to stay. See, Victor talked to us and wants us to call him if anything happens to us and not to mention, he's got a sniper watching this house from 2 miles away. They will alert him if they see us leave. Your mother will create a diversion and I'll sneak you into the car. I suggest we wait until it's a bit darker so they can't see anything. I know this doesn't make sense but when this is all over, I will gladly explain," my father gave me a small smile.

I slowly nodded my head despite having so many questions.

"I'm going to grab out bags," Ethan spoke in a soft voice before walking upstairs.