Chapter 13: Bloodbath

After Kai came over and we all had dinner, before leaving, I left the leftover food on the living room table for my parents. We headed to the movies and ended up watching A Hitman's Bodyguard. After the movies, we spent an hour just roaming around the park. It then started to rain so we just headed home. Ethan invited Kai over to hang out at our house for a few. I didn't fully agree with the idea considering how our parents are but Kai didn't seem to care one bit.

I looked over to Ethan to see him giving me the same weird curious look. I then looked back at Kai to see he also had the same look excepting a bit more astonished. Letting out a sigh, I turned to my mother who had her face in a bowl of avocado over the kitchen counter. I looked over to my dad to see he was giving her the same look we were as he closed the fridge with a beer bottle in his hand.

"What is she doing?" I asked my dad causing him to look at me. "I don't even know," he held his hand up in surrender then turned to look back at her.

I hummed in response and turned back to look at my mother who still had her face in the bowl. "Mom?" Ethan called from besides me. "Yes?" her voice echoed from inside the bowl. "Uhh...Why do you have your face in a bowl of mashed avocado?" he asked.

She slowly lifted her face from the bowl and was now staring at us with avocado all over her. Her lips then twitched up into a smile, "I didn't know you was having company over dear and they say that soaking your face in a bowl of avocados for an hour brightens the skin and keeps it healthy," she explained.

"Hun, you can't believe everything you read on the internet," my father shook his head at her. She rolled her eyes and shoved her face back in the bowl. "Thanks for the food Ethan," she thanked him.

"Mom, Freya got you the food," he replied. "Yeah, okay," she mumbled.

I rolled my eyes before turning on my heels and exiting the kitchen and heading to the stairway. Ethan and Kai followed behind as I walked up the stairs into my room. I placed my phone on the dresser before dropping on my bed. Kai took a place by my desk and as for Ethan, he crashed on the opposite side of my bed.

"So tell me about yourself," Ethan spoke to Kai. Kai spun around in my spinning chair and nodded, "Well, what do you want to know?" he asked.

I shrugged, "Anything."

"Okay, well since we're getting to know each other more, how about we just go around asking questions and we all take turns answering," Kai suggested.

"Sounds good to me," Ethan agreed. Kai looked over to me for confirmation. "I'm down," I gave him a small smile. "Alright, well I'll go first. What's your strongest trait?" Kai asked.

"I'm conscientious as fu-"

"I dare you to finish that sentence," I glared at Ethan only to cause Kai to laugh. "Why do you always assume I'm going to say the 'f' word. I was going to say fudge," he held his hand up in surrender.

I rolled my eyes, "Sure," I sarcastically replied. Ethan let out a small chuckle and I could help but join in. I shook my head and looked at Kai who was smiling at me. "My strongest trait would be," I thought for a while before answering, "I think it would be either ambitious or hopeful. What about you?" I nodded my head to Kai as he laid back in the chair.

"For me, it would be mysterious," he replied. Ethan hummed in response, "That defiantly defines you considering how you next take off those shades," he stated.

I nodded my head agreeing with Ethan's bold statement. I had honestly forgot he was wear shades. After a while, you just get used to it.

"Why do you constantly wear shades?" I asked. I watched as he tensed up in his seat a little. "I will explain one day when we're all ready," he smiled.