Chapter 17: Better Than A Pistol

"Thank you for picking us up," I thanked Victor as he drove down the street. He hummed in response, "Not a problem," he softly replied.

Ethan poked his head in front before looking at Victor then me. "I'm bored. What are we going to do when we get home?" he asked.

I looked over to him with a glare knowing he was trying to do something. "Would you sit back and put your seat-belt on," I ordered.

He shook his head, "No thank you. Seriously, this party was a blow. I don't want to be bored at home," he whined. "Ethan!" I spoke in a firm tone.

"Freya!" he mocked me.

I let out a groan of annoyance but Victor on the other hand found amusement out of this. "Oh be quiet," I mumbled.

"So, Victor, what is your plans for tonight?" Ethan asked. I sent another glare at Ethan but he just ignored it.

Where was he going with this?

Victor shrugged, "Nothing much. You guys can come over and we can watch a movie or something," he offered.

I went to decline his offer but Ethan cut me off. "Sounds good to me," he quickly replied. I shook my head, "No, we don't want to intrude," I lied.

Victor looked over to me with his eyebrow raised, "Intrude? Seriously, that's your best excuse?" he questioned.

My mouth dropped in shock and Ethan burst out laughing in the back. "Fine. Whatever, movie it is," I mumbled as I folded my arms across my chest. Victor awed at my response, "Poor baby is upset," he teased.

I rolled my eyes, "Just drive," I huffed in defeat.

For the rest of the drive, Ethan and Victor held a conversation which I found to be a little weird considering they've never really talked before. It was also a bit weird that I viewed Victor differently than how I would two weeks ago. A lot had happened so much it seems a bit overwhelming the more I thought off it.

The car pulled up in front his mansion then came to a full stop. We all opened our door and stepped out. Victor walked around the car and walked up to the front door with Ethan and I trailing behind him. As we walked to the door, looking around the driveway, I saw two cars were parked against the entrance gate.

Something then nudged me and I looked to see Ethan nodding to the door that was now being opened by Victor. As he opened the door, I could hear voices coming from inside the house. Victor then walked in before Ethan and I emerged from behind him. Looking around the living room, I saw some of the Victor guys I've seen before was just sitting around with a beer in their hand whilst playing cards.

Their heads soon turn our way along with a nod towards Victor who just nodded back. Victor then turned to look at me with a soft smile, "I hope you don't mind if -"

"She doesn't. Shall we play cards?" Ethan cut him off as he grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the guys. I found it kind of amusing how Ethan would always ask me a rhetorical question as if I had no choice. Imagine that, my 12 year old brother making the calls.

The guys all stood up and greeted me with a 'hello'.

"That's Chase, Alex, Kyle, Oscar, Richard and I'm Leonard but you can call me Leo," the guy with brown hair introduced everyone.

I gave them all a smile, "That's Ethan and I'm Freya," I replied a bit nervous.

"Nice name you've got. Have a seat," Richard gestured to the couch. I sat further way from the guys as Ethan took a seat next to them so they were closer to the table which held some rolled up bills in the center. I honestly had now interest in playing. I don't even know how to place.