Chapter 27: That Makes Sense

I frantically paced around the waiting room where at least 25 other people was waiting to see the doctor. As soon as we arrived to the hospital, I carried Ethan to the emergency room. From there, the nurses took him and hooked him up to some machines before he disappeared. It's been 5 hours since he's been gone. No nurse or doctor gave me any reports on what has happened yet.

Walking up to the front desk, I looked to see a woman on the phone.

"Excuse me," I spoke in a soft tone. She sent a glare at me before gesturing me to wait. I waited for a couple of seconds before she hanged up.

"What's your emergency?" she asked in an enthusiastic voice as she grabbed a form for me to full out

I swear it took everything in me from slapping this lady. "Are you serious? We spoke like half an hour ago. I want to see my brother. His name is Ethan Grinsly," I angrily replied.

She let out a sigh, "Look, the doctor will call you when they're ready. Meanwhile, have a seat," she spoke waving me off.

I felt a hand pulling me back a bit and I looked to see it was Kai. I sent a glare at him causing him to release me and hold his hand up in surrender. "Look," I growled at the lady, "When my brother wakes up, he's going to want to see me and if he doesn't, he will start to freak out," I warned her.

She just rolled her eyes, "Look, have a seat. If the doctor needs you, you'll be called."

I let out an annoyed and frustrated groan before walking over to the chairs and taking a seat. Kai sat next to me staying silent. Something inside me was now concluding that something was wrong with Ethan but it's not something that can be figured out by the doctors. A few minutes passed by and I found myself impatient and fearful for Ethan.

"You need to relax," Kai spoke in a soft tone as he laid his hand on my shaking leg causing it to stop. "I can't," I mumbled back.

Before he could respond, a loud scream echoed through the building causing the waiting room to turn quiet. I knew who that scream belonged to. It was Ethan.

I quickly bolted up from my seat and ran out the room and down the hall trailing the scream as it continued. I could hear the lady in the front desk screaming for the security. Not caring, I followed the screams with Kai near my side. I turned the corner and burst through a room to see Ethan in a hospital gown being held down by 3 nurses but got loose. It was a bit shocking at how 3 nurses, not to mention who are buffed guys, couldn't hold down a 12 year old.

Ethan's guys landed on me and he quickly unplugged the needle from his arm before jumping off the bed towards me. Within a second, I was tackled with a tight hug and tearing pouring out of Ethan. I hugged him back and held him close. I could feel the temperature of Ethan's body which was very hot. His fever had ran high again.

"It's okay. They're just doing their job," I spoke.

He nodded, "I know," his cry came out muffled.

"Are you...Freya Grinsly?" a lady in a white coat asked as she read off her clipboard.

I nodded, "Yes. I tried to explain to the front desk that he would act out like this but she didn't listen," I stated.

"Sorry about that. My name is Dr. Tarzin and -"

Before she could finish, the door burst open with two security guys running towards me. One of them grabbed me and yanked Ethan away from me. Ethan burst out screaming and crying as loud as ever. "Stop! You're scaring him!" I shouted as I tried to free myself from the security guard.

Two more came him and one of them helped restrain me. Kai got in and pushed the other guy away from me causing the other to stumble back and release me. I ran towards Ethan and pushed the guy away from him before cradling Ethan.