Chapter Twelve; Secrets ✓

Ria's POV

3 am

I didn't get any sleep but was still tired. I was about to go out of the room to find the bathroom when I hear another door close in the hallway. I creaked the door open a bit and see a shadow walking closer. I opened the door a bit more and see him by the door.

"Where are you going, Julian?" I whispered. He looks back at me and smiles sadly.

"Believe me, I'd love to stay here forever but my father wants me home. Why are you still awake?"

"I was going to go and find the bathroom or maybe go in Cole's room. He won't mind, I think," I sheepishly smile.

"Sorry to cut our little chat short but I need to go," he chuckles and ruffles my hair.

"Are you going to take a cab?" I ask.

"No, I  have a motorbike in Cole's garage. I leave it here for cases like this."

"Okay, Drive safe and take care." I smile and he grins back walking away.

I waited for the sound of a motor driving away before retreating to bed. I lost the need for the bathroom and laid in bed, falling asleep.

-•-*-•-

"Ria, wake up. We need to go to school," I opened my eyes to see my brother in a different set of clothes.

"Can I go home first? I need to shower and to change clothes." I murmured, still sleepy.
"Brian and I borrowed Cole's Camaro SS," Randy bragged. Seriously? How many cars does he have? "We got you clothes while Cole cooked breakfast." he gave me my clothes which was picked quite nicely.

"Mom helped you get my clothes, didn't she?" I eyed him suspiciously.

He sighs in defeat. "Just hurry up and come downstairs for breakfast."

-•-*-•-

After fixing myself up, I successfully went downstairs. I noticed the lack of staff in the house. Was he really alone? The boys were sitting on the table and was discussing something.

"Julian left early this morning," I notified them.

"We know, it happens at times. His dad would call him to go home," Brian speaks up after swallowing his food.

I looked down at my plate. This is heaven! Waffles with maple syrup and a side of scrambled eggs and bacon. I finished my food and went out of the house.

A blue Camaro SS met my eye and I looked back at Cole, finally snapping the question.

"How many cars do you have?" I demanded and he just laughs at me.

"Not much," he curtly replied. I ran to the passenger seat and was about to reach for the radio when a hand lightly spanked it off.

"Drivers choose the music." Cole smirks.

I sat back and put my seatbelt on. I shrug, not minding. He puts on the song 'A Thousand Miles' and I stifle a laugh when I look at the rear-view mirror to find Brian glaring at us.

"Change that song or I will jump out of the car right now" he threatens.

"I doubt it" Cole laughs. Brian unlocks his door and opens it. Cole's eyes widen and he immediately changes the song to 'Thunder by Imagine Dragons' and I smile.

These guys are fond of Imagine Dragons. All in all, just good tastes in music. I tap my foot as I look out the window and lip sync the lyrics.

-•-*-•-

We arrived at school but Julian wasn't there. He was absent for that day and the next.

Days without him are dull since he was the one who always cheers us all up. He was the funny person.

Wednesday rolled in and he finally came to school, worried I asked him why he was gone.

"I had a fever, a really bad headache." his eyes shift away from mine and look at the guys for back-up of some sort. They no something and I want to know too.

"Do you seriously think I'll believe that?" I stare blankly at him.

He sighs and pulls his sweater down a bit more then his collar up. "I didn't want to take the test for the last two days to I skipped."

I still wasn't convinced considering that he's been extremely conscious of cover himself. I gave in and fake-accepted his reason, but I wasn't going to give up. I'm going to find out what he's hiding.

The day quickly finished and I'm demanding answers. I decided to follow Julian after he left the locker room since our last class was gym class.

He shifts uncomfortably and pulled his sweater down a lot once he went out.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him to me to another place to talk. I see him biting his lip and wincing once I looked back at him. We were in the Music room and I let go of his wrist which he covered with his sweater again.

"Alright. Spill." I asked, but I tried to still be assuring.