Chapter Twenty-Seven; Father

Ria's POV

"Uncle Dan?" I choked out. It was my uncle-ish- Dan Khole. My parents' high school friend. 

"Yes. You're Kevin's kid aren't you? I see that things worked out for them," he grins but I could still see the slyness behind them. 

"Why wouldn't it work out?" I never heard anything specific from my parents. All they kept saying is that they've been through though time but nothing more than that.

"You mother was married twice. Her second marriage was finally your father." He paced.

"Second marriage? I thought my parents said that they were high school sweethearts," I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"They were. So was I and my wife and everyone else in we hung out with. But your father was a player and was aggressive. Did you know they caused someone's death?" I shot up and looked at him, making him continue. "Your mother hung out with this boy named Dave and it wasn't the best first impression as your mother was harassed. When we got to university, I don't know how it started but the two were able to talk again and Kevin found out and nearly beat the shit out of the guy. Next thing I heard Dave was ran over by a car when he saved your mother."

I processed the words but the information still lacked. "What about her first husband?" 

"Jake Bauer. Met at the park and months later he proposed. Wedding and married life, things like that. Then they had this reunion where your mom and dad met again. Days after that they still talked and your mom gave your dad another chance. She found out her husband was cheating on her, she ran to her parents' where Kevin took her and they had lots of trips until finally!" He pauses for effect and looks at me with a sly smile. "They got together and made two wonderful kids."

"My parents never told me about that, but I could see that they're going strong now," I looked down at my lap.

"Yeah Yeah, good for them. I was stuck inheriting this company but I do have my reasons. Saving the family name is my priority and now I have to pass it to my son." 

"He doesn't want to take the company though you look up at is so much. Why is that?" I ask.

"Curiosity killed the cat and you're asking to die right now so shut up," he snapped and left the room, slamming the door and leaving me in silence. I realize my tiredness as my eyelids began to droop.

-•-*-•-

Distant voices made me wake up from my not-so deep slumber. I looked over to the door that burst right open with the two men who took me earlier. The two guys took me out of the room where the voices got louder.

"Seriously. Why do you think you can make me inherit this company?! And what was this thing you think is important to me?" I hear Cole say.

"Here she is," Mr. Khole says as the guys brought me into view.

"Let go of her!" Cole shouts. A cold metal was pressed on the side of my head.

"In return, will you inherit the company? I'll shoot her otherwise." Mr. Khole shrugs as he removed the safety on the gun.

"Fine! Just don't drag her into this. Let her go," Cole pleads as he shoots me an apologetic look.

"It's a good deal that we have but she is a bad influence to you. It'll be dangerous to have her running around now, I don't want a witness," and with that Mr. Khole pull the trigger. I heard another click-probably a silencer- then felt sharp pain on my left shoulder. I cry out in pain then hear a thud from my right. I breathe heavily as I put pressure om the bullet wound then look at Mr. Khole dead body and a bullet hole on his chest.