Chapter Twenty-Three; Beach ✓

Ria's POV

"How would you celebrate your New Year's?" I asked as I bit down on my sandwich. Our parents won't be home until after since they plan to celebrate with their old friends, which was fine with me and Randy.

"My grandparents would be sleeping early so they won't really be able to celebrate New Year since they aren't very fond of loud noises and my dad is out of the question," Julian shrugs.

"I don't really like celebrating it. I usually just sleep early," Brian answers.

"Same, hey what if we go to my beach house," Cole suggest and we all nod.

"Mind if Tessa tags along?" Randy butts in. "What? She'd be home alone since her parents will be with ours." He defends.

"Sure. But just her, I'm not really happy about getting my place trashed." Cole gets up and grabs his keys from the coffee table. "I'll pick you guys up in an hour, sound good?" We all nod. Julian and Brian follow after Cole to get a ride home. Randy types away on his phone, probably texting Tessa and I went up to my room to pack up.

I pulled my lavender and black backpack out. I placed in my backup swimsuit, a grey racerback paired bikini. I put towels and sunscreen in, then some necessities then stepped in the bathroom for a quick shower.

I put my halter bikini top and laced bikini bottoms on then put my denim shorts on. I grabbed ray bans and wait downstairs. I put my first coat of sunscreen on to prevent sunburn, because it hurts like a bitch. Randy leaves for a few minutes to pick Tessa up and I was left to sit alone in silence. I suddenly hear a wolf whistle from the door and see Julian smirking down at me, making me blush.

"Finally," I groaned and stood up.

"Where's Randy?" Brian pops up next to Julian.

"He went to get Tessa, he's almost here. Where's Cole?" They both point their thumbs outside and I got out to stare at a gorgeous silver Camaro Convertible. I smiled and hopped onto the passenger seat, not even bothering to open the door.

Cole shoots me a look, but his face instantly softened when he saw it was me. "If it wasn't you, I would've beat you up," he chuckles. "You weigh like a twig," he adds.

Randy pulls up on the driveway and runs inside to keep the keys then lock the door. The rest of them sat the back.

"You can sit on my lap," Randy winks at Tessa. She rolls her eyes with a smile as she did sit on his lap, taking my brother by surprise. It was a very noisy ride to the beach house and a very long 2-hour drive.

-•-*-•-

We finally made it there and I applied another coat of sunscreen after settling in my shared room with Tessa. She changed into her bikini before we left the room in a fit full of giggles.

"Are you going to keep teasing my brother?" I ask.

"If I'm being honest, I really am falling for that jerk, no offense. But I love teasing him," she admits. I just laugh in response.

Outside, Brian had a surfboard and was talking to Julian, who sat on a jet ski. They both see me and smiled. When they turned to me, I couldn't help but admire their sculpted chest. This is a great view. I had long abandoned my denim shorts and noticed the staring at me and Julian took in a sharp intake of breath and released a low whistle. I walked over to them and smile back. I really want to try the jet ski but I want to surf, since I knew how.

"Can I borrow your surfboard?" I grin at Brian.

"Are you sure you know how?" He questions and I just nod as he hands it to me.