Chapter Twenty-Five; Fireworks ✓

Ria's POV

11:38 pm

Everyone was still asleep or still lazy and would probably get up in a few minutes since we were still going to wait for the count down. I went out of the lodge to clear my thoughts and to get some fresh air. I sat on the shore and closed my eyes, letting out a sigh. If I end up celebrating all by myself, it's fine. I don't know who kissed me but I really want to know. I hear footprints from behind me and I stayed put, not bothering to check.

"You don't mind if I joined you, right?" Julian speaks up. I shook my head and he sits next to me.

"A dollar for your thoughts?" He breaks the silence.

"A dollar? Isn't that supposed to be a penny?"

"You're thoughts are worth more. It's beautiful as you," he replies.

"Flirt," I laughed.

"I am a charm," he gives me a cocky grin.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes. My eyes switch back to the lodge as lights start to open.

"But seriously speaking, what's been running in your mind?" I rested my head on his shoulder. If it was him then it would be safe to tell him about it however, if it wasn't it'll cause a fight between the guys. I'm not stupid because all three of them tried to kiss me and one of them succeeded.

I let out a sigh. "I just can't sleep that's all. I wanted to see the moonlight and since we're going to let out fireworks of our own it better be beautiful because it's all I'll be seeing tonight," I jokingly threatened.

"I'm pretty sure Cole wouldn't let us down," he laughs and I smiled at him. He suddenly looks down at his watch then back at me.

"10.. 9.. 8.. 7," he started and I got the hint.

6.. 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1

"Happy New Year!" We heard cheers from the lodge and some fireworks. When I looked back at Julian he was already leaning closer to me. I placed my finger on his lips and smirked.

"Nope. No kisses," I tsked. I've had enough kisses for a day.

"Why not?" He pouts like a kid.

"Oh come on. Why ask me when I obviously know that you probably sleep with all the girls in the school?" I smirked at him.

"It's not my fault that I get drunk and end up sleeping with the first girl on my lap" he admits.

"So you do sleep with a lot of girls," I furrow my eyebrows.

"Jealous?" He wagged his.

"Nah. I have better looks and wits than them." I bragged.

"Not gonna argue with that," he chuckled. He stands up and helps me up. We brushed the sand off of us and walked back to the others as the fireworks kept going. "Can't I take your first kiss?" He pushes.

So that means he's out of the choices on who kissed me. If he doesn't know that I got my kiss already. That or he's playing dumb.

I also won't play dumb and fall for a clear player and get hurt when he "accidentally" sleeps with a girl. I can't keep believing in books that the "good girl" changes the bad boy. A player will only be a player, they can only lessen it but not completely get rid of it.

"Come on Julian! Stop hogging her to yourself," Brian sends him a look.

"I just kept her company!" Julian shouts back and raised his hands in defeat.

We all sat down on the sand to eat pizza and chips as we lit more fireworks.

I went to the table to get more pizza and see Cole.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Hey, I want to show you something. Wait here," he grins.

And I waited, eating my pizza. He comes back holding a ginger Pomeranian. I squealed.

"It's so cute!" I awed.

"I know," he smiles. "Wanna hold him?" 

I nod and held it. "It's so small," I cooed. I continued to pet it.

"It's so cute" I squealed again.

"Of course it is. It's mine afterall-"

"Shut up guys! You sound like you're talking about someone's small.." My brother trailed off. My eyes widen like saucers and I look back at Cole who was laughing his ass off, not long after I joined him.

-•-*-•-

As soon as I was the only one outside, I called my mom knowing that she'll still be awake with dad right now.

"Hello? Ria are you okay?" She answers casually.

"Mom, somebody kissed me and told me that he loved me," I reply. This was a good thing about my mom, she isn't all strict nor is she eager for grandchildren.

"Who?" She asks calmly.

"That's the thing, I don't know who it is," I sigh into the phone.

"How is that even possible?"

"It's not my fault that he kissed me oh-so passionately in the dark," I sarcastically retort.

"I understand that you're really sassy because you're trying to get the stress of your shoulder" my mom responds. "I know so because I was really sarcastic, sassy and stubborn with your dad before."

I chuckle and we continued the conversation and I explained to her how the guys have been acting towards me these days.

"Well, I can't really be on your side that players never change because your father was a player though he was a virgin on the lips," my mom laughs.

"Ew. Mom, no." I understood that my mom was still a teenager by heart, because my dad has been spoiling her.

"Just follow your heart and not your hormones, Okay?" I thanked her and hung up, heading inside.

Well, that helped. Why the hell would I love someone just for sex? That's not really how love works.