Chapter Twenty; Visit ✓

Ria's POV

I woke up with a headache, but not as much as I expected. I groan and try to sit up but fell back on the bed with a thud.

"Hey," a soft voice beside me greeted. "Here take this, it'll relieve the pain a bit." Cole gives me a tablet and some water. I gladly took it and thanked him.

"Do you remember last night?" he cautiously asks.

"Yes. It's hitting me hard like puberty. I'm one hot goddamn nerd," I growled and he just laughs at me. "I tend to be sarcastic when I'm angry so don't you laugh at me," I point an accusing finger at him as I warned him.

He held back his laugh and shook his head with a smile. "I'd expect you to be like this and since you weren't knock-out drunk last night that really isn't the extent of a hangover."

This isn't the worst? Well sh*t, I'm one lucky girl- I mean unicorn.

"Ria?" Cole whispered after a few minutes. I hum in response. He sits next to me and invited me into his arms and I scooted over to him, getting my head comfy on his shoulder as he played with my hair. "I'm sorry for not staying with you last night. I wish I would've been there sooner, It's my fault why you-"

I cut him short by cupping his face and making him look at me. "Stop apologizing, it wasn't your fault. If I wasn't buzzed last night it wouldn't have happened. I let my inner unicorn get the best of me," I grin and he hugs me in response.

"You never fail to make anyone smile. You're very special, someone who's gotten everyone to smile in the worst moods, even Brian. He pulls off the best poker face," he laughs and so did I. I whispered the mischief I have in my mind to Cole and he smirks right back at me.

We made our way to the theatre room which also happened to be the game room. The guys were all groaning and complaining about their splitting heads as they smashed buttons on their joypads. Julian was seated on the couch and was completely oblivious to Cole creeping up behind him.

Cole had this creepy clown was on and was knelt behind the couch, staring right at Julian and waiting for him to turn around. The guys see him and kept it a secret, knowing what the plan was.

"I heard about the fucker that almost-" Brian hits Julian with his elbow to stop him from continuing what he was saying.

"Let's go to the cemetery later," I smile. I want to visit aunt Lace, my mom and dad mentioned a lot about her. The guys nodded and I stifle a laugh as Julian kept on ignoring Cole behind him and glancing at Randy, shouting curses at him.

Cole finally got impatient and leaned to Julian's side for the next time he turns his head. Julian knocks my brother's character out and looks over at Randy again to brag about this win, but he sees the creepy clown and jump in surprise, screaming and fell on the floor with a hard thud. I wince and feel the pain for him.

He stand up, rubbing behind his waist and glaring at us. "Who started it?"

They all point at me in sync. I pout at Julian pull off the best puppy eyes I could. He sighs and chuckles, giving in my adorable expression, see the sarcasm?

-•-*-•-

After visiting aunt Lace's grave, Brian beckoned me to come with him and I gladly did. It was a rare opportunity to make him open up, unless he was going to bury me alive. We stopped short in front of two headstones.

Here lies Emilia Waters
Here lies Blake Waters

"Your parents?" He responds with a nod. Looked next to the graves and see another headstone.

Here lies Emmett Waters

Brian sees the curiousity swimming in my eyes and sighs. "My mom was pregnant when the accident happened. I had a tantrum because they won't be able to celebrate christmas with me, little did I know they were going to surprise me. My aunt and uncle picked me up and brought me to my grandparents' foe my parents to come later." he paused and took a deep breath. I placed an assuring hand on his shoulder and rubbed it. "Let's just say, I spent my Christmas in the hospital saying goodbye to my family."

I couldn't bare listening to him break and hugged him tight, which he accepted by hugging back. I felt my heart break for him as I heard his sob. I've never seen him so vulnerable. He pulls away, but still held me. He cups my face and wipes a tear I didn't know was there.

He kneels down and places a flower on the graves. I gave him an assuring smile before we left and went back to the others. It started to rain so we ran back to the car.

"Let me in!" Julian shouts from outside as the rain drenched him. "Open this door!"

Cole unlocks it but not after laughing his ass off. Julian grumbled as he helped his soaked self inside.

-•-*-•-

"Cole!" Julian calls out then sneezes-like a kitten.

"What?" he yells back.

"Get me some soda!" He groans.

"Nope, get him some water" I glared at him as I put a wet towel on his head.

Cole walks in and places a glass of water on the table next to us then leans to Julian's ears to whisper something. I eyed the 'water' skeptically then took a sip.

"That's soda!" I scolded as Julian snatches it from me and chugs it down. "You drank from this, so that means we indirectly kissed!" He grins like a kid before Cole hit him at the back of his head. I rolled my eyes at his childishness as he keeps gushing over it.