C H A P T E R 2

"23 year old patient, Jake, shows no signs of high blood pressure, or risk of Type II Diabetes, His vitals are all intact. Just has a fracture on the left collarbone, and right ankle due to the sudden fall, while he played soccer. He can be released in 24 hours" My words sped out, like a poem, hoping they were right as I memorized the charts for the two-hundredth times. They had him monitored throughout the year incase if his pancreas stopped producing insulin. He's prone to Diabetes, the doctors were all anticipating for him reaching the first stage of diabetes two years ago but Subhanallah nothing has happened. He's been well fit.

"We will call the ortho and they will check on that, but for now you will not be seeing us in a while" Dr. Jacob said. Dr. Jacob looked at Aiyla, my eyes were always bowed down or fixated on the charts. 'Probably one of his favourite intern, but he knew the hospital didn't appreciate her presence specifically. 

She was too smart for them and hoped that she can move on forward from here and find another job, Aiyla deserved it.' he thought. The other interns spoke, as I checked the time on and off. In about 30 minutes the girls and I had to leave to Petersbrooke healthcare hospital for an interview they finally got. I was literally on the run to the horizon when I heard about it, all of us girls stayed up talking late at night, making up scenarios of winning the Nobel Prize. It's a shock, Dr. Peters is picky, but he likes greedy interns, those who are after for the best. Excitement surged through me, something in my guts told me that there will be a huge event/twist point heading up in her life. 

Trust me, there is... and the girls and I were clueless as the men who didn't know what insulins were. 

Finishing off with Jake, the group headed off to the next room. Entering inside the room, the interns came face to face with a set of twins. 

Twins had always fascinated me, inside - I knew I wanted twins but there was no chance for me, since no-one in my ancestor were twins. Especially the identical ones, are so fascinating. Its god creation of how everything looks so alike, but yet so different. 

I watched as one of my peer Interns spoke out about the Twins chart. They had a rare disease, which really did not exist anymore in this world, lucky for them they were vaccinated. They had the smallpox, small pox was long gone, but the twins vividly showed pain and sadness. The occurrence of this disease was sudden, but thankfully we had the great Edward Jenner that discovered the vaccine for it in 1796. Another reason they were here, is that they needed the vaccine but also had to be tested for any heart problem. At the moment I was working with cardiac team, however I wished it was the neuro team but didn't mind.

The twins were also born conjoined and had about 5 surgeries to get through their lives. The surgery for conjoined twins is very hard, their nerves, and all those veins are connected together. That is why it is done in a time limit and with many surgeons around. The only thing that was left was to make sure there heart was pumping well. Surgery takes a lot of pressure on the heart and brain, but inshallah things would work out for them. As we finally finished up this round I head out and left the group. Time is so much slower when you keep looking at it, but if you look away from it for just a second it goes by so fast, how odd right.

"Hey Aiyla" Lexie, one of the Interns called out.

"Hi!"

"We are having a party at Lucas's tonight, since you are a pretty smart surgeon why don't you come" She offered. Oh these parties though, obviously I couldn't go. Almost all Muslims in the world have been invited to party late night, go out, or go to bar at least once in their life. I remembered back in high school how awkward it would be when people would have night parties and get drunk. My insecurity used to take a toll on me, making me feel like I did not belong. Worse than that, other Muslims also go out, unaware of what is allowed and what isn't in the religion that is why people around us are so confused. If only everyone just followed then it wouldn't be so diverse. It was upsetting but there is little you can do.