C H A P T E R 1 5

On my way back home I had a lot to think about.

Just life in general, the things we endure, the tress we take in when It shouldn't be that heavy. Sometimes we tend to forget the purpose of life, the purpose why we are doing what we are doing, and trust me that is quite often.

Why the heck does undergrad exist? Why school? Why this? and Why that. To be honest, I have realized through every experience you grow in every aspect. Whether it'd be meeting someone for a second to having someone in your life side by side.

I feel like I had forgotten why I actually wanted to do medicine, in my years of undergraduate degree, I was passionate, I wanted to help, I wanted to do something big, when I got into Medical school is was the best time of my life, to me money didn't matter, nor did anything matter.

When I got into my first hospital it was one of the hardest experience, people very extremely racist, there were so many discriminations I faced, but to me none of that mattered, it was literally about helping people live a healthy life, allowing people to feel like they're worth it no matter what condition or state they are in. It was because of my father, it meant so much to me. Then after a couple of years, I finally got into one of the most competitive hard hospitals that one could dream of going into. PeterBrooke, the one that I am in now.

Once I got in, I change as a human being, life didn't get any easier it got more lonely, and sadder. For some reason, it's not about the ranks that matter, or how big a certain place is, how highly it's looked upon, it's about you doing what you love because hardship is will come to ill, to the rich, to the healthy, to the poor. It doesn't matter what state you're in it matters about if you're happy with where you are and know your purpose.

I lost my purpose when I came to this hospital, I got fed up people calling me out of not getting married, when I should clearly let it goes, cause it honestly it's up to them to decide what will happen in my life and when it will happen and I know that but I let them decide for me which was wrong, and I guess being around of highly qualified doctors sort of pushed my meaning inside of me and brought pride, almost a sense Arrogance, but I am so happy and grateful that Hamza was able to talk some sense in to me.

I felt like myself again, I felt happy again, I felt like i can make a change in this world. I was ready to face whatever was awaited at home.

My drive didn't take me that long, I made it home in a couple of minutes, and those minutes certainly consisted of my everlasting deep thoughts.

Pulling my car up into the parking area, the lights of the house were open. Someone must be over then? Cousins, Friends? Or so I thought.

Upon ringing the doorbell Adam open it widely with a wide grin on his face, "what?" I said confused. He wiggled his eyebrows not saying anything and led me inside.

"Oh my, Adam, really... is mom serious" my jaw dropped to see a family sitting across from our living room.

"Yupp, and the guy is actually not bad, he's cute" He smirked and winked at me.

"You know I still find it weird when you say he is cute"

"What, my sister deserves a good looking guy, and I deserve a good looking bro, and good looking niece and nephews"

Shaking my head, I push him away so I can quickly put everything in the closet. Luckily, we have a washroom right beside our entrance, I quickly sneak and look at myself.

I LOOKED HORRENDOUS

I COULDN'T BELIEVE HAMZA SAW ME IN THAT

"Wow, well done Aiyla" I groaned, taking off my hijab, and quickly remaking it so it's perfectly fine. Not that I cared, sort of but I put a dap of lipstick on my lips and head out of the washroom.