C H A P T E R 2 7

...29 hours...

my finger tips drummed on my steering wheel impatiently, as I stared out from my car window to the gas station store, it was 2 minutes after 30 hours, I didn't want to seem overtly obsessed, so my idea was to give it a couple of minutes before I made my way towards the store. The door bell chimed as i entered in. Before I could say anything to Mr. Henry, he was on his phone. Again, I waited there for a couple of more minutes, impatiently glancing at my phone and back to him, I was literally praying that no one would call me anytime soon, as I had no legit excuse as to where I was. "so, what's up?" finally my voice broke after the hour long wait, well not literally an hour just a couple of minutes.

"i am sorry, it's taking longer then we expected"

"b-but I need my phone right away" I hesitated, trying to not sound suspicious or anything.

"we just need a couple of more hours, and we promise that we will get in around in a couple hours, in fact I will have my bud drop it off"

Sighing, I decided there was no pushing him even more. My whole mood was turned off, today was my last day of getting whatever info I needed before my nikkah. We for somewhat reason, decided to do the Nikkah around 3pm, I wanted it much later, but then after party was going to be long so that was I guess that the reason. I came home with nothing, but was surprised by greetings of my other close family friends, my mind was disappeared into it's own world that I was clueless as to whom I was greeting and meeting.

Managing my way from the crowded living room into my room, I shut the door behind me and breathed all the fresh air that I could. My head was feeling light headed after that trip I made, and my stomach started to feel nauseous. I was so grateful, having the whole day to myself giving the chance to rest myself for the big day tomorrow. I could finally let my hair breathe, once I took my hijab off. My body felt a warm sensation once I jumped into my bed, engulfing the cloudy feeling of warmth of my bed... until my door opened wide with the three of my friends rushing onto my bed as well.

"so how you feeling?" Zayna nudged me, as I cuddled my pillow.

"nauseous" I muttered under my bed.

"oh no, why?!" she said.

"are you having second thoughts?" hana added on.

"no, no..." well if I had to admit I sort of was having second thoughts on the existence of my life, "just... didn't eat"

"oh ho, lemme grab you something cold and icy" Maryam said and made her way out of my room.

As the girls talked away, I could feel there voices faint as my eyes felt droopy and before I knew it I was knocked out and slept away like a child. So glad the girls had actually let me sleep, in fact they stayed in my room throughout the day just talking, chilling and watching movies while I lied there dead asleep.

It wasn't until my body was being shaken that I realized I should really wake up. My eyes peeled open painfully, it was so glued shut that I couldn't see the figure that hovered over me. I rubbed it, and blinked my eyes until it met with my mom and her small smile over me. "beta, you slept the whole day, you're not moving out yet, it's just a nikkah" she chuckled sitting beside me, while rubbing my arm, which of course didn't help but make me even more sleepier, especially the sounds of the rain drizzling against my window.

"i know..." I sighed, I didn't want to sleep throughout the day! it made me even more frustrated that my productive day was wasted by just sleeping around.

My mom was talking about things, which was irrelevant, all I could think was about my family, my mom, and my brothers. How much they've put up to me, sacrificed so much for me to get into the dream schools I wanted to. I was so excited about me starting to make my own money, the first thing was to share it will my family, to move out from this horribly tiny home, into a perfect large place. They really did deserve that! I had a goal in mind, it was something I was determined to obtain.