C H A P T E R 3 1

I excused myself by telling Melissa that I was just exhausted by the work out that I routinely do, she was confused because normally I never am. I don't think she thought much of it because she ended up giving me food, and envelope and left without saying anything. Sometimes in her presence it seems like I am talking to a brick wall. She's so dull with no emotions, but I can tell she hides her emotions here and there.

A couple of days later had passed and the the envelop that she had given to me read for it to be open at 7:00pm today. It's not like it was a letter from my loved ones, why would someone who has me hostage care for me.

The thought of the guy holding me hostage gave me a rush of annoyance and depression. It's like i was stuck, and I couldn't escape. That's when a lightbulb flickered over my head, why did I not even try to escape. I jolted up from my bad grabbing the keys I had secretly shuffled inside my blanket.

It was evening and the whole house was dim quite. I tip toed down the huge hall into the gateways of the library. The smell of it newly cleaned tickled my nose, it was a nice feeling, fresh. I noticed that the table had not that one book any longer, but multiple papers skewed here and there.

I walked up the table and notice that they were letters disperesd some were open and some where sealed shut. I was a bit hesitant to read but it may be a gateway for me to get out of here.

As I skimmed through the letter, I noticed a familiar name that was hidden behind scratches of pens, it looked like someone wanted to hide who this person was. Looking around as if someone was going to pop up around me, I opened the envelope.

The fresh blank paper said,

dear...

I know that you hold her captive, and before you get anything out of her, I will get her before you. A deal was a deal, and you failed to prove it.

You know what this means...

your father

My eyes were widened in shock. This meant that there was more then on person that wanted me, the only thing I couldn't understand was why. I wasn't any special, I was a normal 24 year old girl, living my life. Who wants me now?

Before I could place the paper back into the envelop, the floor swung open. I gasp dropping as it was on the table, and hid behind the book shelves.

The voices murmured, it got louder as it drew near.

"Oh my child, did I tell you to never take my things" A man groaned. I could see the two figured had to the table, shuffling up the envelopes in a pile.

My heart started to pound deeply against my chest, the voice was strikingly familiar. As if I had met this person before, but who would I have met want me captive? (A/N: any guesses readers lol? )

"But bab- I mean father I want to be a detective just like you" A kid sighed.

I rolled my eyes, his father was more than just an innocent detective, he was a psycho.

"then there is no need to hide and do things here, when you have a house to yourself, am I right?"

"yeah but... fine"

there was a quite moment, I could still see their feet. I lied down on the floor just waiting for them to leave. I heard the door swung open, and the sound of heel clicking echoed across the floor. "oh, sorry sir, I - I didn't know you were here, you never come here" Melissa stuttered.

She definitely sounded shocked.

"have you been seeing my son lurking around, i did tell you that no one come to this place" his voice was stern and sound.