What?!

Remus wakes up with Cygnus in his arms and smiles.

Cygnus yawns as she wakes up and smiles at the smiling man.

"Moony." She greets him, wrapping her little arms around his neck and hugging him.

Remus smiles wider as he gets up off the couch and goes into the kitchen to make breakfast.

"What does the big girl want?" He asks her, rifling through the cupboard.

"Toast and Tea!" The girl says excitedly, pulling out a bun.

"Toast and Tea it is then." He smiles, kissing the top of her head as he pulls out the kettle and fills it with water.

Remus lets Cygnus scoop the tea leaves, and he smiles as she concentrates to make it perfect.

"Just like Moony does!" She proclaims proudly, and Remus smiles as he puts it on over the fire.

"Alright now what on earth does my baby girl want on her toast?" Remus asks, setting her on the counter before pulling out a knife to cut it with.

"Honey!" She squeals.

Remus cuts two slices for each of them before putting the bun back in the cupboard, letting Cygnus spread her own liquid gold over the bread.

Remus lets her down to go play while he sets their plates at the table and sits, waiting for the tea to finish steeping.

Both him and the child liked their tea strong.

"Look Moony." The little girl exclaims, running into the room, "It's Uncle James, Lily Flower, and Uncle Sirius."

Remus is confused, until the little girl hands him the Daily Prophet.

"Oh my god." Remus says, snatching the prophet out of her hands and reading it.

"What's wrong Moony?" Cygnus asks him.

Remus begins to cry.

His whole life just shattered into a million pieces.

"Moony?" The little girl asks softly, climbing into his lap, taking the paper away from him.

Her hand wipes away tears from Remus' cheek, her concerned frown deepening.

Remus sniffles as the young girl removes his handkerchief from his pocket and dabs away the the tears.

"Moony moony moony." She says softly, her bright blue eyes set in determination and sorrow.

A knock jarrs the both them, making Remus wince.

"Mr. Lupin? Is there a Mr. Remus J. Lupin in the residence?" Comes a man's voice.

Remus sighs and picks up Cygnus, waving his wand the house tidies itself as he carefully sets her down on the couch.

"Stay here baby girl." Remus tells her, brushing her black curls out of her eyes.

"Yes Moony." She says.

Remus goes to the door, running his hands through his hair to tidy it... hopefully.

He opens it.

"I am Remus Lupin." He sighs.

"I assume you have heard the news?" The man says, stepping into the house.

Remus sighs as he shuts the door.

"Yes." He answers.

"Ah, I see you have the girl. I shall have to call the ministry and tell them to inform Mr. Malfoy that she has been found."

"Malfoy? Why Malfoy?" Remus asks, suddenly very defensive.

Cygnus is sitting very still in the sofa, her bright blue eyes watching Remus like a hawk.

"She will go to her cousins Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy, now that her guardian is in Azkaban with no possibility of release."

Remus can feel his bottom lip quivering.

Cygnus, quicker than the blink of an eye, is by his side and pulled into his arms.

"I'll go run to the ministry now. I expect the Malfoys will be here by morning to pick her up." The man says, turning on the spot and apparating.

"Not if I can help it." Remus says darkly, angrily throwing a handful of floor powder into his fireplace.

"Alastor Moody's Office."