The Third Task

Cygnus squeezed Cedric within an inch of his life.

"Just think, soon enough this will be over." Cedric smiles. "Then we can go on our summer adventure."

Cygnus shakes her head, laughing, "you have to finish this first."

Cedric scoffs. "Let me be happy, little bird. Did you finish your wands for Ollivander?"

She smiles, nodding.

"And you didnt tell me?!" Cedric asks excitedly. "Will you show them to me after the tournament?"

"I've got one here now." She grins, removing it from the pocket of her robes. He takes it and studies it for a moment.

"You know I dont know what I'm looking at, right?" He asks.

"I know." She answers, smiling gently.

"But it seems nearly perfect... Orchideous!"

Several flowers sprout from the sand, and, grinning coyly, Cedruc offers them to her.

"You'll have to do a bit more than reenact Ollivander to impress me, Cedric." She chuckles, taking the flowers and smelling them, "they're lovely."

Cedric sweeps her into another hug.

"That's amazing! You're going to be such an amazing wand maker!"

They both giggle.

"Do you have your good luck charm?" She asks softly.

"I'll never be caught dead without it." He smirks, lifting his necklace from beneath his shirt. "Do you have yours?"

She smiles and wraps her hand around the matching necklace.

"Cedric, it's time, my boy." Amos says, ducking into the changing room.

Cedric sighs, sharing an excited grin with Cygnus.

"You've got this, Cedric." She says as they hug one last time.

"I love you birdie." He whispers into her hair, squeezing her.

"I love you too, Ced." She says, ruffling his hair. He grins and returns the gesture before following his father out onto the pitch.

Cygnus stays in the door to the changing room, smiling as she watches The father and son embrace, and flashing him a thumbs up as his eyes wander back to where she stands.

Then the Cannon sounds, and Cedric nods before striding into the maze.

Amos returns to the changing room, offering Cygnus his arm as they climb into the stands.

The cannon sounds again, and Krum disappears into the leafy green foliage as they take their seats.

Again, and Fluer disappears.