Christmas

Cygnus Awoke on Christmas morning to the gentle shaking of Dobby, who offered her a biscuit and milk as she stretched.

"Thank you dobby, I have something for you too." She giggles, reaching under her bed and giving him a tin of Chocolate frogs.

"Oh thank you mistress Cygnus." He squeeles in delight as he stashes it in his pillowcase.

"Cygnus, darling!" Narcissa calls from downstairs.

"Coming Cissy!" She calls back, giving Dobby a hug before running down the steps.

Draco is waiting impatiently for her to arrive, surrounded by a mountain of gifts. Narcissa points to a stack against the couch, and before they begin Cygnus gives her gifts to Narcissa and Lucius, matching pajama sets. She has a set for her and Draco as well, but his are somewhere in the mountain of gifts.

Cygnus hums to herself as she fixes her glasses and begins unwrapping her presents. She receives a knitted sweater from Mrs Weasley, It's creme with a large black C on it, new parchment and emerald ink from the twins, alongside it looks like half of the honeydukes inventory, From Lee she receives a beaded necklace with a beautiful jade pendant carved to look like a mashup of the sun and the moon. She tears up when she reads the note and tucks it into the package to put in her book later. From Narcissa and Lucius she receives a lantern and candles.

Cygnus returns to her room and gets dressed, just in a skirt and her sweater, she loved it, it smelled like ginger and cinnamon. After pulling on stockings and a pair of oxfords, she went to open the door, but then heard shouting from downstairs.

Draco barreled into the room a few seconds later. She took this as a cue to not leave the room until somebody came to fetch them, and offered him some candy.

It was nearly an hour before Narcissa opened the door, finding Cygnus working on homework and Draco fast asleep.

"Cygnus, there's another gift for you downstairs." She said, gently shaking her son awake as her cousin put away her school supplies.

Cygnus descended the staircase slowly, to find a ruffled Lucius Malfoy mumbling angrily to himself.

"Lucius, are you al-" Her question was cut off by her shout of fright. A massive owl flew in out of the living room and circled the girl.

"Hold out your arm, Cygnus." Lucius instructed her, "Like this."

Cygnus warily held out her arm, and the owl settled on it. It was a wondrous looking owl. It's head was a light silver, and somehow as it went down the body turned into a deep brown by the time the feathers reached the end of the tail.

"He's a gift for you, Cygnus." Lucius explained as she marvelled at the owl.

"From who?" She asks, running her hand down his back.

"From someone not important, now, what shall we name this beast of yours?"

Cygnus thought for a moment, and then spoke. "Commodore."

Her new owl seemed to focus all of his attention on her.

"Commodore." Lucius repeated, seemingly thinking the name over.

"I think it's a lovely name, Cygnus. It's commanding and strong." Narcissa says, and Cygnus and her owl both turn their heads towards her, making Draco laugh.