Near Death Expierences, surprsingly not because of the Twins

Cygnus froze when she felt the temperature dropping. Draco glanced nervously at his cousin.

"Cyg?" He asked, fear prominent in his voice.

She looked up at him and offered a weak smile.

She nearly screamed as a bony black hand wrapped around the door of the compartment, her head throbbing.

"All of you, back." She barked, brandishing her wand and leaping towards the door. She attempted to cast the spell Alastor had used over the summer, but all that came out of her wand was a weak white mist, which did nothing to stay the dementor, which grabbed a rough hold of her, and due to its proximity, she fainted.
.
.
.
Cygnus blinked awake in the hospital wing, groaning. Madam Pomfrey looked up from her desk, jumping up as soon as she saw that Cygnus was awake.

"Miss Black, Miss Black!" She said exasperatedly, though concern was evident in her voice.

"Madam Pomfrey." She whimpered.
The kindly hospital woman frowned as she handed Cygnus a potion vial and watched her sip at it.

"I'll have to let the headmaster know you're awake." She says more to herself than the teen, who just gives her a quizzical glance. Madam Pomfrey pushes her lightly into laying back down, and with a flick of her wand sends an orb, a message for the headmaster.

"Rest deary." She says, clucking her tongue as she fixes her blanket.

Madam Pomfrey returns to her office, and Cygnus tries to listen to her instructions, but before she has much of a chance the doors to the hospital wing bang open, and a bickering crowd of Ministry Officials enters, along with an enraged headmaster.

"Miss Black!" One of them bellowed.

The crowd surrounded her bed. Cygnus pushed herself up into a sitting position and leaned against the wall behind her cot, looking around confusedly between the black robed men.

"Oi!" Came a shout, and Cygnus looked around for it's source, but the Ministry men's mouths were just moving.

"Oi, you summoned me, what do you want?"

She froze.

"Alastor?" She called out hopefully.

"Cygnus?" The teenager scrambled out of the bed and through the crowd of Ministry Men, seeking shelter with the Auror.

Alastor knelt down in front of her and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
"What happened, swan?"

"What happened?" One of the men shouted, aghast.

"I'll tell you what happened." Another answers in like attitude. "That child nearly cost the ministry it's reputation."

"Miss Black nearly lost her life!" The headmaster counteracts.

Alastor frowns and rises to his feet, stepping between the girl and the crowd of men.

"What. Happened." He growls lowly.

"She was found being carried off the Hogwarts Express at the hands of the dementors." A man with a nasally voice answers.

"Which would have never happened if the child would have listened to our demands and merely been transported through other means." One of the loud ones interrupts, pointing his finger in Cygnus' direction.

Alastor growls, and the man lowers his arm.

"Sounds to me like you bloody lot need to learn how to do your jobs." He snarls.

Cygnus gently taps his back, and he frowns as he turns and looks at her.

"It was quite foolish of me." She admits, and Alastor frowns.