McGonnagall helps Cygnus

"Miss Black, if you would stay behind for a moment, please." McGonnagall says as her students are packing up.

Cygnus looks up from her bag, a fearful look in her eyes. McGonagall notices that the boys that complete the friend group are looking up too, but not in fear, she decides, in an almost anger.

"You're not in trouble, dear." McGonagall assures her.

The bell rings and almost all the students flood out of the door, but the four first years stay behind.

McGonagall hears the boys tell the Slytherin girl that they'll be waiting right outside, like always, that they weren't going to leave her. She felt her heart breaking a little bit.

"It's alright, Cygnus, Mcgonagall's nothing like that dungeon bat. She's nice enough. She hasn't yelled at us yet, she won't yell at you. She's not like Snape, you can trust her, Cygnus, honest." One of the Weasley twins reassures her, and Mcgonagall's heart shatters.

She waits until the door to her classroom closes, trying to compose herself, before she addresses Cygnus.

"Miss Black." She says gently. "May I perform a test on you?"

Cygnus' eyes grow wide, but she nods.

McGonagall opens the top left drawer of the desk and pulls out a pair of glasses, handing them to the girl.

Cygnus puts them on, and McGonagall mutters spells until Cygnus gasps.

"Better?" McGonagall asks, and she is shocked when she notices the girl is crying.

"Thank you, Professor McGonagall." She sobs, embracing Mcgonagall "Thank You so much."

The girl and professor both jump when the door to her classroom is thrown open and the trio of boys comes in, prepared for war.

"It's alright." McGonagall reassures the boys, patting Cygnus' back.

The boys stand stunned and confused for a second before Cygnus steps away from McGonagall, wiping her face with the sleeve of her robe.

If Mcgonagall was shocked by the Slytherin first year embracing her, she nearly had a heart attack when the Gryffindor boys smashed her in a group embrace.

"Boys, Boys, what's the matter?" She asks worriedly.

"You helped Cygnus, Professor." One of the twins says, sniffling.

"She's a Slytherin, and you still helped her." Lee Jordan adds, slinging his arm around Cygnus' shoulders.

"Thank you, Professor McGonagall." The other twin said, admiration shining in his eyes.

Mcgonagall stood with her jaw hanging ajar long after the quartet had left.