White Flag War

"Cygnus!"

She froze, turning around at the sound of her name, and the three Gryffindor boys that had composed her friend group in her early years stood before her, panting.

"What is it you want?" She asks scathingly.

"A truce." Fred says, offering her a hand.

"What sort of Truce?" She asks dryly, looking at his hand with a bit of unease.

"The sort that involves mischief, picture it, fireworks, flying, and a big skive off Umbridge." George answers.

Cygnus makes he mistake of looking them In the eye, and her heart melts just a little at the familiar gleam of hope in them.

She sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Fine."

"So you're our friend again?" George asks, lighting up.

"It will take much more than a tentative truce to repair what's happened, Weasley." She frowns, studying him. "And after this past year, I'm afraid those things will never happen."

"You're the one you abandoned us!" George counters, pointing at her. "You're the one who left us in the dust and clung to Diggory's side."

Cygnus slapped him, furious. "Don't you bring him into this."

"Cygnus, I know you're a death eater, and I know I've been such an arse about it, but I didn't know, and you just kind of left us-"

"You are correct." She snarls. "I am a death eater. And you are an arse."

Fred grabbed at George's elbow, trying to pull him away. "George, c'mon."

George yanked his arm out from under his brother's hand.

"I love you!" George says angrily.

Cygnus freezes.

"I don't think now is the best time to get into that, George." Lee says, going to grab at him.

"I love you, Cygnus. I have since second year when you were thrown in as seeker during one of our Quidditch games and you caught the snitch in the most daredevil way possible, leaping off of your broom and into the stands, but that's not the point. I couldn't understand the thought of you just leaving, so I called you all sorts of names and did nasty things because then you would be mad at me and at least have a reason to stay away." George says earnestly trying to catch the girl's eye.

Cygnus didn't know what to do. She just stares blankly at his confession.

He sighs and turns, immediately under barrage from his twin and best friend.

"So?" He asked, turning abruptly.

Cygnus sighed and looked anywhere but the redhead in front of her.

"I knew you would never feel the same. You've always been way out of my league. Besides, you were getting all cozy with Cedric Diggory, weren't you?"

Cygnus gasped, and George had enough sense to look a little frightened.

"How dare you." She snarls. "How dare you take this and try to pin it on Cedric."

"You let him-"

"Cedric was too thick headed to stay away from me. He was like my brother, George, he wouldn't stay away from me even if I was the one who went on a murderous rampage. Look what that earned him, He's dead now. Dead because I couldn't save him. Dead because he got it into his head that he was going to win the tournament and make me proud of him. Dead because he couldn't just stay away."

Almost as if Summoned, Severus Snape  appeared to save the day. He came striding out of the dungeon stairs and very quickly had caught on to what was happening.

"Weasley." He barked, and the redhead glared at him.

"Leave." he demanded, and the Gryffindor grumbled as he turned and stomped away, the other two following behind.

Without a word between them, the Slytherins returned to the dungeons, Snape's hand giving the ghost of an impression of farewell when he hovered his hand on her back for a moment before moving past her towards his classroom.