*The Other Doppelganger

This is one of the most overused plots. Let's face it, every Vampire Diaries reader has at least seen three stories in their recommendations having this plot. TBH these stories are cluttering up Wattpad because too many authors are writing about this one idea which might have seemed quite appealing a few five years ago or so but now this is overused. For a fact there are about 34.7 K of such stories which appear when you directly search TVD DOPPELGANGER.

Yes there are some very good stories centered around this plot. But there's such a lot of number of such fanfics that mostly readers get bored of it and won't check it out regardless of it being super awesome or absolute crap.

Let's view the basic similarities of this cliche plot line. 

OC's Personality and traits:

1. The other doppelganger is always a Gilbert. Always. And she is some twin sister of Elena who is more cool, more gorgeous, more perfect despite the face claim being Nina Dobrev. Which basically means that both Elena and said doppelganger have no physical dissimilarities but still she turns out to be way more beautiful and gorgeous than Elena. 

2. She, and it's always a she, because hey why not? For the doppelganger it seems the most plausible choice of being a she.

3. And then the doppelganger turns out to be a super powerful witch. Even more powerful than the Bennetts. 

4. She is socially more active and is friends with everyone. Including the originals, the Salvatores, the Donovans etc. 

5

5. But for some unknown reason, she is the loneliest person alive who has to suffer her sibling's wrath, her aunt's abuse, gets bullied and overall treated like a piece of crap. And she gets kidnapped. Time and time again.

 Time and time again

6. And she dates Damon. In 60% of these stories, the OC is dating Damon.

7. Or Klaus.

8. Or both.